Rupp / Fuji / Gemini 80cc crank removal and seals? ( Fuji 80 F480 )

anyone know how i can get the clutch end off the crankshaft? it's all round and smoot, no slots or bolts. idk if it's threaded on or pressed on. FI i can get it off. can i get crank seals for it?

EDIT: Fuji 80 F480

EDIT: in fact i could probably use a whole manual. looks like i may need tools?

Last edited:
anyone know how i can get the clutch end off the crankshaft? it's all round and smoot, no slots or bolts. idk if it's threaded on or pressed on. FI i can get it off. can i get crank seals for it?

EDIT: Fuji 80 F480

EDIT: in fact i could probably use a whole manual. looks like i may need tools?
Are you sure it’s not splined?

it could be splined but, there is no nut to take off the end. i cant imagine it's a press fit. i did see a funny looking wrench with two nubs that look to fit in some holes on the ....inside edge.... of the clutch pack?

Last edited:
Six months later, and you're still working at it? I don't recall anything on the clutch side other than a nut and a bushing with some grooves in it. The bushing slid on and off, the nut was held on with reverse threads. Crank seals and virtually any seal you need for anything are still produced. Save the seals and use the numbers on them. You'll see three numbers in mm. I assume you know all of this though. This is the only photo I have showing the crank.

Attachments

i don't see any nuts, it it's spline then it's a press fit. it's smooth as a babys ass, minus the burrs. the only thing i can figure is the holes on the side the of thise clutch pack that can't be photographed, aka the inside wall, have holes that look might fit a special spanner and i've seen people on ebay charging for special fuji tools.

that or the 2 holes on the front but they look shallow

You need to remove that center bit. It's the actuation bearing for the clutch. It pulls right out. Beneath it is the backwards threaded nut. You will need to lock down the engine to remove it. It also has tabs that have to be straightened. You'll see them once you remove that round bearing.

Attachments

thank you! i'll see if i can metal spudger or putty knife in there and slide it out

EDIT: any one have a manual. i'm wondering how to stick the gears and ball bearings back in,, or rather the order of the gears. i the balls go in with grease

Take photos when you dismantle. Not that hard. I sold my manuals and all extra engines, so I can't help there. The balls will make sense, just keep which gear goes "next" straight via photos. That clutch piece should come off with your fingers. You will need to fabricate a jig to reassemble the clutch if you take it apart. Also, the torque specified in the book, which you don't have- is too much. The clutch will slip with that left hand thread nut on too tight.