Antique briggs and Stratton

Triley41395

Picked this up last weekend. Just wondering 1 if anyone can read the date code, I think 1947 just a guess, 2 is this desirable for any bike, 3 did they even make any sort of mini when this engine was built. 20211125_145120.jpg 20211125_145026.jpg 20211125_145008.jpg

Triley41395

Those are neat old engines but not desirable for a minibike.

If it's a 5s I thought those made 1hp.

Washing machine motors?
I'm not sure what this was on,it had a handle and 1 wheel. Maybe for moving trailers or something. It's in my scrap pile, maybe I'll get a picture of it and someone will know. I just couldn't put this little guy in the junk.

toomanytoys

I'm not sure what this was on,it had a handle and 1 wheel. Maybe for moving trailers or something. It's in my scrap pile, maybe I'll get a picture of it and someone will know. I just couldn't put this little guy in the junk.
I wouldn't throw it away! I had a couple old briggs mounted to a stand for display. Cleaned up nicely and ran. A buddy of my dad's seen them in the garage and wanted them. We traded a small amount of cash and he left with them.

Triley41395

My old Cooper Klipper 20" lawnmower had a 5S engine on it. The motor was date stamped 1952. Cool to look at, but not really suitable for a mini bike. They are very heavy and make very little power. I think the best application at this point is as garage art.

Here is a link to the owners manual.:
Briggs & Stratton 5S Manual

This is what it was mounted to,not sure what it was. I think that the tank with the copper tube coming out also belongs with the engine 20211126_115302.jpg