I like sneaky

Doug.. that is badass.. what a cool car and build..thanks for sharing..
I figured you would like it as its close to what you have. Super nice car and hard to imagine it not having any more use than it has. I remember selling lots of 67's and 68's with the 240 and 3 on the tree back when we were in the car business. But they were just your everyday used car back then. A good friend in Charleston bought a 67 Country Squire wagon brand new. Kept it in the garage until his death. It was a 428 auto with PS and PB but no air. Original paint white car with blue guts.

There is plenty of cool here, for sure. I've always been a Ford guy. But I'm surprised that a big car like this with wide tires and 4-wheel disc brakes gets no power steering and no power brakes. You might get a real workout trying to parallel park. That big engine doesn't leave much room for frills, but they were able to hang an AC compressor. I also don't see a provision for a parking brake on the rear discs.

SAS289

There is plenty of cool here, for sure. I've always been a Ford guy. But I'm surprised that a big car like this with wide tires and 4-wheel disc brakes gets no power steering and no power brakes. You might get a real workout trying to parallel park. That big engine doesn't leave much room for frills, but they were able to hang an AC compressor. I also don't see a provision for a parking brake on the rear discs.
Maybe they took those pictures before it was done? You would think most all aftermarket rear discs would accept a parking brake cable?

Like my Uncle used to say "When they came out with power steering, everyone became a good driver". :)

Armstrong steering and 4-60 air were industry standard for lots of years.

I said I wouldnt change anything but I sure would take some liquid shoe polish to the white letters on the tires so they didnt stand out under the car like they do. Might even dig up a set of ports-walls and try them. It might get even sneakier with white walls. And it might look awful too...

Last edited:
@Tom S. In the first pic under brakes and suspension upgrades you can see that it has the standard Willwood internal drum brake inside the rear rotor for parking brakes but there are no cables in the pics. Might have been waiting on them to ship? And in the last pic of the same section you can see that they did replace the steering box with a power unit.

Car brought $99,000.00.

You cant build it for that. Probably not even twice that. I honestly thought it would bring between 125 and 150 after seeing other car prices.

I think the old school small block and the stock seating, even though it was leather is what held it back.

Similar cars brought a bunch more money and they all had custom consoles with bucket seats and LS power.

toomanytoys

Pretty cool.

I'm don't really care much about old cars anymore. For some reason I've gotten into the 90s Japanese only cars. Nissan and Toyota specifically. These are more my style. Straight 6s and 4 cylinders with big turbos.

Big V8s are cool too. I don't hate on any car or bike. We all have our own interest.

I74

And now with all this automatic braking, lane assist, parralel parking assist and so on they are taking the driver out of the seat. Another 20 years and the upcoming generation wont be able to drive themselves.
Just seen a new GMC truck commercial with supposed ''hands free steering''. o_O

Yea ,, they were cruising down the highway, & the driver was banging round like he was playing drums !!

Like texting & driving ect. ect. wasn't bad enough,, & now giving careless driving idiots more bright ideas . :eek:

Just stupid. :rolleyes:

I

olddog

Just seen a new GMC truck commercial with supposed ''hands free steering''. o_O

Yea ,, they were cruising down the highway, & the driver was banging round like he was playing drums !!

Like texting & driving ect. ect. wasn't bad enough,, & now giving careless driving idiots more bright ideas . :eek:

Just stupid. :rolleyes:

I
The wife and I saw this, we were shocked.
Some idiots will actually do that stuff...

The wife and I saw this, we were shocked.
Some idiots will actually do that stuff...
The vehicle advancements have led to ruder drivers cutting you off and weaving in and out of lanes. Couldn't imagine driving that way in the 67 Cutlas I learned in. Didn't turn and stop like today's cars. If people drove that way back then it would have been destruction derby on the roads.

I74

The vehicle advancements have led to ruder drivers cutting you off and weaving in and out of lanes. Couldn't imagine driving that way in the 67 Cutlas I learned in. Didn't turn and stop like today's cars. If people drove that way back then it would have been destruction derby on the roads.
The way they drive around here, I see over 1/2 of the vehicles with damage on them.
Big problem is,, there is hardly any traffic cops here ect. anymore,, just lot's of cameras,, that are pretty much worthless anyways. :rolleyes:

I74

Added,,

I cringe also when seeing like Audi/ Acura, & Hellcat commercials,, with them hauling @$$ on downtown city streets &/ parkways,, & windy mtn. roads ect .ect.

Al that's doing is enticing ''especially'' the younger generations & up thru the '''Fast & furious Millennials'',, to think it's ok to drive fast & reckless also. :rolleyes:

The Raider's receiver is a prime example, that rear ended the Lady & killed her,, doing ''165'' in a Vette, going down a Las Vegas parkway ! :confused:

I

Last edited: