New Predator Ghost Engine

nightgrider

Anyone get one yet?
https://www.harborfreight.com/212cc-ghost-kart-racing-engine-57531.html?slot_id=4

6000 RPM built in rev limiter and steel forged crank w/ dual ball bearings is nice.
Only thing I do not see highlighted in specs is ungraded flywheel?
Pretty cool that you can get a modded factory motor.
Will they offer ext warranty?

Later,
Keith
In the review from Redbeard's Garage on YouTube the flywheel didn't look upgraded. I good option for someone who wants a modded engine but also wants a warranty.

The engine was designed to be a kart class engine that is out of the box like some others. If you want to build a engine, this is not a cost effective piece to start with. There are others as mentioned that are better suited for a build.

Here is what I am curious of, what is the out of box power rating using the accessories kit that the box says you have to purchase separately? I have scoured the web and nowhere does it denote the power output and if you do a Google search it shows the Max performance engine specs of 15.8 hp but that is a 490cc engine. Even if it is a 10% gain over the stock 212's 6.5hp that means it is now 7.2hp with a 2500 rpm increase to a whopping 6k rev-limit and you still have a stock cast iron flywheel? Not sure what to think

SAS289

Here is what I am curious of, what is the out of box power rating using the accessories kit that the box says you have to purchase separately? I have scoured the web and nowhere does it denote the power output and if you do a Google search it shows the Max performance engine specs of 15.8 hp but that is a 490cc engine. Even if it is a 10% gain over the stock 212's 6.5hp that means it is now 7.2hp with a 2500 rpm increase to a whopping 6k rev-limit and you still have a stock cast iron flywheel? Not sure what to think
The 6.5HP rating is for an out of the box engine governed to 3600 RPM. Now use better jetting, air filter, and a header pipe on a stock 212 and run it to 4800 RPM or so and you should get 9.5 to 10HP. With the 252 cam and carb they are using the Ghost 212 should get at least 11HP somewhere in the 5K RPM range? I'm just guessing and maybe off a bit.

I do think it was odd that they went with stock compression and flywheel on a racing engine.