Predator 212cc question

nightgrider

Just as a heads up. If you put a Predator 212 on your frame you'll have to drill some new mounting holes for the 212. It has a wider base than a 2.5 hp Briggs. Not a big issue. Just something to keep in mind if you decide to go forward with the swap.

The bigger (potential) issue could be will the Predator FIT even fit in your frame? That Predator is significantly larger than your 2.5 HP Briggs. Better get the size specs of the engine then compare them to what you have got on your bike.
Michael

I see the Predator specs show it is 14" high. I only have just over 13" base to bottom of frame.
I wonder how much the gas cap plays into their spec height? Crapola.

The bigger (potential) issue could be will the Predator FIT even fit in your frame? That Predator is significantly larger than your 2.5 HP Briggs. Better get the size specs of the engine then compare them to what you have got on your bike.
Michael
You are a mind reader. See above.
Thank you.

Last edited:
The gas cap presenting an issue depends, largely, on the Predator engine you use. The picture you show is with the offset gas fill. That particular engine will, probably, not present an issue. The other Predator 212 is a center fill. They can present clearance issues.