1969 Lil Indian sabre all original??

Nice find. 1969 Lil Indian 7000. Last year for the Briggs 5HP. Has the original 2 speed set-up, brake caliper and brake light switch.
The 7000 was the lighted version of the Grand Series. Even the correct green for the 7000. There should be a battery box
mounted below the seat. Where the handlebars mount to the fork plate...are there 2 plates or one?

Triley41395

Nice find. 1969 Lil Indian 7000. Last year for the Briggs 5HP. Has the original 2 speed set-up, brake caliper and brake light switch.
The 7000 was the lighted version of the Grand Series. Even the correct green for the 7000. There should be a battery box
mounted below the seat. Where the handlebars mount to the fork plate...are there 2 plates or one?
Not exactly sure what your asking about in regards to the fork plate. I'll add this picture hopefully it helps Screenshot_20220530-070155_Gallery.jpg

Triley41395

Looks to be 100% original
Nice score!
Not my score unfortunately, it belongs to my uncle. He's at a point where he has other interests and is going to be selling some of his collection. Not sure how he's selling them yet but I told him I would try and find out as much info as possible for him.

Triley41395

Nice original bike. Looks like the front forks need a little straightened out.
I think so also, that was part of the story with this bike. Apparently the original owner rode it for a very short time and wrecked it on the farm. His dad took it and after that it sat in a barn here in Ohio until a few years ago. When my uncle got it , it was sitting in a old watering trough in the barn.

The handlebar mounts are welded to a plate then that plate bolts to the top of the fork plate like in your picture.
That tells me that it is a late 68 or early 69 build. Sometime in 69 they got rid of the handlebar plate and welded
the bar mounts directly to the fork plate. There should be a number stamped on the passenger side jack shaft mount.
Regards,
Joe

Triley41395

The handlebar mounts are welded to a plate then that plate bolts to the top of the fork plate like in your picture.
That tells me that it is a late 68 or early 69 build. Sometime in 69 they got rid of the handlebar plate and welded
the bar mounts directly to the fork plate. There should be a number stamped on the passenger side jack shaft mount.
Regards,
Joe
Yes there is a number. Unfortunately the battery box is not there. Do you know what the numbers mean? Looks to me like the number is 47148
Screenshot_20220530-124259_Gallery.jpg

Somewhere on the site is a thread regarding those numbers. Members were collecting them to determine if they
could determine build timeframes. Not sure where that ended up or if there was any rime or reason to them
I do have that exact frame. I'll dig it out and see what numbers are on it. It does not have the 2 plate bar mount.
Like yours.