Slide carb questions

cfh

parts for the H50 like a billet rod is nearly impossible to find. that's why i stick with the HS50. the motors are easy to come by, as they were used in zillions of snowblowers. And Arc makes a billet rod for the hs50.

you can get an HS50 custom cam too as there's 3 companies that make them, all are good. Most people go with Dynacam, mostly because it's a name brand. but the other two companies are quite good also, just not as well known. I just sent Randy at Dynacam twelve HS50 cam cores, and they welded and cut their 255 onto them. Most people go with 245, but figured why not get the most i can out of it, and went with the 255. You can't really go much bigger than a 255 without modifying the head significantly.

The other advantage to the hs50 is there's lots of info on that motor and how to modify it. In comparison there's very little info on modifying the H50. Also just the size difference between the two motors is striking. The h50 is a monster in width, where the hs50 fits much better into nearly any minibike format.

Fourtogo

parts for the H50 like a billet rod is nearly impossible to find. that's why i stick with the HS50. the motors are easy to come by, as they were used in zillions of snowblowers. And Arc makes a billet rod for the hs50.

you can get an HS50 custom cam too as there's 3 companies that make them, all are good. Most people go with Dynacam, mostly because it's a name brand. but the other two companies are quite good also, just not as well known. I just sent Randy at Dynacam twelve HS50 cam cores, and they welded and cut their 255 onto them. Most people go with 245, but figured why not get the most i can out of it, and went with the 255. You can't really go much bigger than a 255 without modifying the head significantly.

The other advantage to the hs50 is there's lots of info on that motor and how to modify it. In comparison there's very little info on modifying the H50. Also just the size difference between the two motors is striking. The h50 is a monster in width, where the hs50 fits much better into nearly any minibike format.
The HS50 is the one that has the 120v starter set up ?

How do obtain one of those ?
I don't know if you got this information yet, so here you go:

ARC Billet Rod
18 LB Springs
Lower Retainers (You Need Two)
Split Lock Keepers (You Need Four)

The lower retainers will need to be slightly machined to fit the springs, but it is an easy job. You can use a drill and a file if it comes down to it. You'll want to make a better intake manifold, as the stock one is inefficient due to the bends in it to facilitate a gravity fed system. So if you plan to mount a stock tank on your engine, you will need a fuel pump- diaphragm type, and run it off of an NPT nipple you incorporate into your newly minted intake manifold.

I don't know if you got this information yet, so here you go:

ARC Billet Rod
18 LB Springs
Lower Retainers (You Need Two)
Split Lock Keepers (You Need Four)

The lower retainers will need to be slightly machined to fit the springs, but it is an easy job. You can use a drill and a file if it comes down to it. You'll want to make a better intake manifold, as the stock one is inefficient due to the bends in it to facilitate a gravity fed system. So if you plan to mount a stock tank on your engine, you will need a fuel pump- diaphragm type, and run it off of an NPT nipple you incorporate into your newly minted intake manifold.
I think he’s working on a H50….. no cool parts that I know of…..

I've used PZ16 carbs on many stock HS50 engines with excellent results. But if you do any cam modifications, a bigger carb is in order. Then i move to the PZ22 carb. I have also used the pz19 carb but my thought is if you really need 'more', might as well just get the pz22. Experimented on about 50 tecumseh motors adding a slide carb, so i've had quite a bit of experience with this. Not just with the PZxx carbs, but also with Delorto carbs ranging from 16mm to 22mm.

In general the pz16 works well "out of the box" on a stock motor. Nearly every time i've moved to a pz22 carb, it has required a change in the main jet. So you'll need to get a M4 jet kit (i buy them off ebay for about $10), and play with the main jet.)

On the cam issue, i weld and grind my own cams. made a cam duplicator and use a Dynocam 255 as the "master". Had good luck with this, but it does take a bit of time to tig weld the cam lobes, and then re-grind the cam. Because of this, i just bought 12 dynocam 255 cam. If you buy in bulk they are a nice price. Saves a lot of work on my end, as grinding your own cam is a bit time consuming.

View attachment 290063
Are you doing any cams for people on the forum. I have 3 I'd like done