Chaparral st80 cc 1972 oil change help

Hello I have a 1972 chaparral 80cc fuji engine 2 stroke I’m doing an oil change I have no clue what to put in or any links to the products for it can anyone help

2old2care

Don't know that engine, but if it's a 2 stoke, you mix oil with the gas - What the particular ratio for that engine is, maybe someone else knows ?? Do buy air cooled 2 cycle oil, not regular motor oil, though.

Edit : I realized after I posted, that you're asking about the gear case oil - Others will know.

Last edited:
Hello I have a 1972 chaparral 80cc fuji engine 2 stroke I’m doing an oil change I have no clue what to put in or any links to the products for it can anyone help
I use regular 30 wt in my 70 Suzuki TS90, 71 yamaha mini enduro, and 75 indian MX74 crankcases with no problems

SAS289

Don't know that engine, but if it's a 2 stoke, you mix oil with the gas - What the particular ratio for that engine is, maybe someone else knows ?? Do buy air cooled 2 cycle oil, not regular motor oil, though.
He's probably taking about changing the transmission oil. In that case a motor oil is needed 30 or 40 wt. Even a multi viscosity motor oil can be used.

He's probably taking about changing the transmission oil. In that case a motor oil is needed 30 or 40 wt. Even a multi viscosity motor oil can be used.
Yes transmission oil book calls for 30wt non detergent Oil what is that any links to where I can order online ?

SAS289

Yes transmission oil book calls for 30wt non detergent Oil what is that any links to where I can order online ?
Yeah the non detergent is pretty important. I haven't used anything like these in a long time. The last thing I used was Yamalube 20W40 in my old RM250 a couple decades ago.

That should be ok. Not sure why it says 10W. But even if it is 10W30 it should be ok because 10W30 is close to the thickness of straight 30 when hot.
Thanks I’m at
That should be ok. Not sure why it says 10W. But even if it is 10W30 it should be ok because 10W30 is close to the thickness of straight 30 when hot.
Just found this I hope it does the job

Attachments