Doodlebug db30 build advice needed

Triley41395

What kind of build are you going to do the one in the photo ? Im just interested in knowing because it seems like you have quite a bit of knowledge on these, And I want mine to come out pretty awesome.
Do you prefer the cent. Clutch or the converter ?
I don't really do any hills and only a little off road. Most of my riding is on the pavement. Never used a torque converter yet,, I prefer a centrifugal clutch. I'm not doing anything special to this bike, no paint or much of anything. I bought a tiller that has a good running predator but bad gear box for 50 bucks and my boy and I are going to use it. I will put on a new brake cable and pads.

Yes, we use the stock 35 chain and sprocket. You have to bend the frame where the rear fender mounts about an inch to get a predator to fit. Not sure if you will have to bend if you use the mount plate but I'm also not sure that you will have room for that plate. We drilled new holes in the original mount plate. If you can not use the plate make sure you have the engine exactly where you want it before you drill your holes. If your predator has a center fill gas tank make sure you have room to get the cap on and off with the new engine plate because it is very close to the top frame on ours,you almost can not get it on and off..
Sorry to bother with the pesty questions.
What size rear tire and how many tooth rear sprocket are you using with the 12 tooth clutch?
I have a 6inch rear tire and stock 70 tooth sprocket.

Triley41395

Sorry to bother with the pesty questions.
What size rear tire and how many tooth rear sprocket are you using with the 12 tooth clutch?
I have a 6inch rear tire and stock 70 tooth sprocket.
No bother at all I don't mind helping out when I can. I ask alot of questions myself.
I'm also using 6" rims, 145-70-6 tires as for rear sprocket I don't remember but I'll check tonight and let you know. I can tell you it is the stock DB 30 sprocket.

Its the exact same as the frame thats in the pictures I posted
I just finished my second doddle bug, and I have a 12-tooth clutch, and I changed the back sprocket to a 60-tooth.
The original 70-tooth sprocket made it hard to keep the front wheel down, It always tried to flip me off the bike,
The 60-tooth rear sprocket makes for a much better ride, for me anyways.