Rattling then won’t run

I was ridding today and it started making a rattling noice and it sounded like the engine. I decided to head home but minutes later it made one loud pop and stopped running. I know it’s not anything good but I just wanna know where to start to fix it. Thanks

Mr. Pink

Gonna need some more information.
What engine?
What drive train? Clutch, torque converter, jack shaft?
Any unusual noise pushing the bike without the engine running?
Any unusual noise when pulling the starter?
Normal compression when pulling the starter?

It’s a Coleman rb200 stage one with the stock jet. The engine isn’t locked up and it when I push it it sounds normal. Sounds like it’s trying to start but just won’t. Everything else is stock. Has maybe 10 hours or so on it. Jackshaft drive train. I’m somewhat new to mini bikes but I know the general idea of stuff

O
Gonna need some more information.
What engine?
What drive train? Clutch, torque converter, jack shaft?
Any unusual noise pushing the bike without the engine running?
Any unusual noise when pulling the starter?
Normal compression when pulling the starter?
Oh and some sort of plug on the started popped of when it originally died

I was ridding today and it started making a rattling noice and it sounded like the engine. I decided to head home but minutes later it made one loud pop and stopped running. I know it’s not anything good but I just wanna know where to start to fix it. Thanks
You are going to have to put forth some more EFFORT (i.e., provide some useful information) if you expect any help from members. You have been asked to provide answers to specific questions...
Michael

You are going to have to put forth some more EFFORT (i.e., provide some useful information) if you expect any help from members. You have been asked to provide answers to specific questions...
Michael
I don’t know what else to say. I can get pictures tomorrow. The rattling noice happened for about 20 minutes and then it initially blew. It didn’t lock up or anything. When I try and start it, it sounds like it’s trying but just won’t run. Fully stock other than exhaust and air filter

DaddyJohn

I’d take a look at your rockers and pushrods, and barring any issues with bent pushrods or rockers coming loose, check the valve clearances. It may or may not be the problem, but it’s easy enough to start there.

First, I would drain the oil and look for metallic particles. If the oil is clean hopefully it isn't terminal. As
@DaddyJohn said you could pull the valve cover and visually inspect the rockers and pushrods. Check to see if they are in adjustment to .003". Then possibly a compression test if those are in order....

I don’t have a compression tester but I think I figured it out. I wasn’t getting any spark ‍♂️I’ll go tomorrow to get a new spark plug and let y’all know