Got a Doodlebug for Christmas

Hello everyone. I haven't owned a mini bike since I was about 10 years old. I am now 41 years old and drag racing motorcycles. I had been looking for an inexpensive pit bike to take with me to the track. My kids knew that I wanted a pit bike and to my surprise, bought me a Doodlebug for Christmas. I had no idea that mini bikes were still so popular. I thought the pocket bikes were the new alternative.

Last edited:

edwin

congratulations on your new bike. and welcome to the site. if you drag race a motorcycle, im sure you will be doing a an engine swapp, real soon.

show us a picture of the drag bike.

yeah im not to sure about anywhere else, but i dont know if its just me, but the minibike, scene here in california, seems to be blowing up. have fun on the new ride.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes and congrads on your new DB30, You will find a lot of info on here on how to modify them. A lot of guys here have done a lot too them. Heres a picture of mine.

Ratbike

Hello everyone. I haven't owned a mini bike since I was about 10 years old. I am now 41 years old and drag racing motorcycles. I had been looking for an inexpensive pit bike to take with me to the track. My kids knew that I wanted a pit bike and to my surprise, bought me a Doodlebug for Christmas. I had no idea that mini bikes were still so popular. I thought the pocket bikes were the new alternative.
Welcome to the site!! HAVE A BLAST!!:punk:

Last edited:
congratulations on your new bike. and welcome to the site. if you drag race a motorcycle, im sure you will be doing a an engine swapp, real soon.

You're probably right. I have a problem leaving things alone. I am always looking to add more power to everything I ride or drive.

Looks like you have yourself a drag mini bike there. Very nice! Tell me a little more about it.
they sort of act like a CVT transmission in a way. search on here and you'll find plenty of info. Comet went out of business so the TAVs are getting hard to find an more spendy.

you should also look into the 6.5 swap. the 6.5 (clone or Honda GX200) has a lot of mod potential. check out these sites to see the type of stuff that's available for them.

NR-Racing.com
Affordable Go Karts - Home page - AGK - http://www.affordablegokarts.com

I can see my DB being a second money pit for sure. I keep trying to talk myself into leaving it stock and using it as a pit bike. The problem is, I'm not doing a very good job of talking myself into leaving this thing alone. LOL!

so i take it your name is adrian ? nice racin, way to go, that was a sweet victory. awesome video man.
Thanks! Yes my name is Adrian. Now you can see why fooling around with this DB will probably end up costing me an arm and a leg. Do you by chance know who makes the drag handlebars that I have seen on a few DB's? I was thinking of ordering a set of stock replacement forks and having them modified.