the "creamsicle"

so its been awhile since iv had a mini bike project. me and my friend got the little fox and my T777 out of the back of the garage and started to ride n work on them. so we decided we needed somthing alittle faster to kil our selves on so this is how we got the creamsicle.. im not sure what the bike is. but we picked it up for 40 bucks and decided to make it like a classic sleek mini. the frame almost looks like a arco.. but any ways i got it stripped it down cut the motor plate off moved up 5 inches to clear the 5hp briggs thats going on it. re welded it and bondo'd it so its all a smooth serface and looks factory.. the plan is to paint it cream orange (looks good) with aluminum wheels (we got with it) and a almond colored motor with cream orange accents.. the look were going for is 70's custom/ classic. hard to explain until you actually see the bike. nothing other then the motor plate was touched. so it will look factory but have custom details that cant be pointed out giving it the classic look.the bike should be rather nice when its all done.. ill get pictures tomarrow when the sun is out.. this is the bike when i got it today

View attachment 28129

Last edited:
starting to have second thoughts on this build... there is somthing wrong. the chain does not line up. what i mean is when the chain on the bike is straight on top. its not on the bottom. its hard to explain but i was mocking the motor up and i put the back tire and motor on and i used a 40# clutch and chain but the back sprocket is 35... i didnt think it would matter and there wayy off each other. is there a way to fix it. this is a side project and i dont wana put alot of money into it.. but it needs to function properly.

Dodgealinger.. :lol:

What is it? Like the frame is twisted? Tire sits in there sideways or something?? Is it just a bent axle or sprocket or bad bearings or something?

starting to have second thoughts on this build... there is somthing wrong. the chain does not line up. what i mean is when the chain on the bike is straight on top. its not on the bottom. its hard to explain but i was mocking the motor up and i put the back tire and motor on and i used a 40# clutch and chain but the back sprocket is 35... i didnt think it would matter and there wayy off each other. is there a way to fix it. this is a side project and i dont wana put alot of money into it.. but it needs to function properly.
Sounds like the re-welded motor plate may not be level with the rear axle. A level placed on both should read the same. Ogy

Welcome back Dodge, I think both TRK and Ogy may be on the right track here. How does the rear tire track when you spin it free? You might want to get a set of matching chain and sprockets :shrug:

it was only a mock up i know you cant mix the 2... and the motor plate is straight... it might be crooked tho.. but why would that cause the top to line up and not the bottom? im going to wait until i get the right chain clutch etc and mock the whole thing up

not much progress was thinking on welding a tube back on the front and call it a day on the footpegs. i was gonna buy folding ones but if i can get pipe cheaper im gonna weld up a pipe back on it. and i got a question i wanna make a kick stand but have it look somwhat good. how. what can i use. i dont want to buy one

125ccCrazy

it was only a mock up i know you cant mix the 2... and the motor plate is straight... it might be crooked tho.. but why would that cause the top to line up and not the bottom? im going to wait until i get the right chain clutch etc and mock the whole thing up
the 40 chain won't fit the teeth right on the 35 sprocket, you can't really mock it up with that and try to get things right...getting the right chain and sprocket will help you out alot...