Comet Torq-A-Verter TAV Information

One of the things I miss about the old Kart World catalogs (besides the hundreds of mini bike and go-kart parts they carried ) is all the cool information and illustrations they added to fill the pages.
There seems to be a lot of interest of late regarding the Comet TAV's so I thought I would upload these pages into an album.
Lots of interesting reading here...look for the little hints and tips that are mixed in.

Click on the cover page below to get to the album, then click on the images twice more to blow them up full screen.

Consider this my first contribution to the "Mini-Bike Bible" archives....:scooter:

Last edited:

toomanytoys

I remember writing to panesville so I could get a new catalog. I'd sit for hours as a kid and pour over that thing til it was barely readable.

I used to order from Kart world years ago, and they were ALWAYS out of something on my list. Had to back order a bunch of times. Lot's of times stuff was later than they said it would be, I would call and get non stop excuses, time after time.:no:
One time I was in Ohio picking up a hood for my 442 and I stopped by their office to see if I could pick up my latest back ordered parts. The shop was super small, and a total mess. The person there told me that my parts were in another warehouse, across town. Even if they were in there right in front of me, she told me I could NOT pick them up in person. She went on to explain that they were a mail/phone order company, and were tired of customers coming in and asking for advice on what parts to buy (gear combo's, clutches, chain pitch, etc.) She said if the customer didn't know exactly what they wanted to buy, IT WAS NOT WORTH HER TIME to try to help them out.:eek:ut: Nice customer service. I walked out of there and haven't bought anything from them since. That was over 10 years ago. Are they even in business anymore?

One time I was in Ohio picking up a hood for my 442 and I stopped by their IT WAS NOT WORTH HER TIME to try to help them out.:eek:ut: Nice customer service. I walked out of there and haven't bought anything from them since. That was over 10 years ago. Are they even in business anymore?

Nope...Long gone, probably because they treated customers like crap :hammer:

I would like to get another 15mph max out of my mini without giving up any bottom end. My Max is 40.5 right now. I would like to be able to cruise at 40mph and go all out 50-55mph. I am not sure how much faster I would feel safe about going. 40 isn't scary but you can tell you going down the road pretty good.