GX200 Finished

Here's my first Genuine Honda build
Standard Bore cylinder, .310 Isky Cam, Raceseng S2 finned fw, 14cc fully ported/polished, 28.5/25mm Si stainless Valves, 55lb dual springs, hardened locks/retainers, flat top piston, .020+ arc rod, 304WX Tillotson bored .900 (Korndog special).

Frame that this is going in is still being built. Should be here in a month I hope.

YouTube - GX200 310 cam
you like where i put my hand at :45 sec?

Last edited:

MB165

Sounds good, you and I been doing the same thing this weekend, I fired my build up yesterday for the first time. Cant wait to put the clutch on it and terrorize the neighbor hood.
:evil_laughter:

no comprende 100LL....:confused:
100LL

100 octane leaded AV gasoline.

Please do not use Spannish.
I had to look that up.

I have some concerns about 100LL. Not the least is the high level of lead. Mostly deposits and the additives they use fouling my surface gap plug.
Lead isn't just bad for people the things they add to the fuel to scavange and reduce deposits is bad for engines.

I am going to run a blend of 92 ( or 94 if I can get some close by ) Octane UL with 10% Xylene and 10-20 % methanol ( provided this does not require a co-solvent to keep in suspension ). Might resort to mixing in 100LL to help boost that.

I hope based on the last engine if I keep the timing around 26 and adapt some better shrouding to cool the head ( and the cooling effects of methanol ) I might be able to run more pump gas in the blend.

I don't want to have to flush my fuel system every time I use it because of the methanol...

Yeah Man...that sucker is gonna be a runner, the way it sounded and your neighbors and you are gonna become even closer friends:laugh:
haha, I made sure to become very close friends with all the surrounding neighbors right away when I moved here in March. So far they know me as the big kid riding around little 4hp bikes with my son that make minimal noise. I'll probably be taking this one out of the neighborhood to ride it.:wink:

Have you run this engine under load yet?

I had troubles Mark.
might have been timing related but premium UL was not doing it for me 14cc head and FT piston 11:1 compression
No not yet, that was the about the 2nd or 3rd time I had fired it yesterday. I'm tempted to run it but I don't have a rear brake on the bike it's mounted on right now. :crying: