Michigan Ice Racing ??

Psssst:shifty:..Thats why they call it ice racing.:laugh:
Ok I just don't get it I guess:confused: I asked what they are racing on the ice. Are they racing ice skates,minibikes,quads what?

So thats why they call it ice racing, but you don't say what they are racing. Guess I'm slow.:anon.sml:

Well as cold as it has been its getting close to happening.

They race just about everything out on the ice.

A coworker says that lake st.clair is good for ice racing but i'll just check out the locals around waterford/white lake/highland.

I like to watch but have been itching to get back out and play on the ice even though I never got really into ice racing it is fun to stud up some tires and have at it just for the pure fun of it.

Ok I just don't get it I guess:confused: I asked what they are racing on the ice. Are they racing ice skates,minibikes,quads what?

So thats why they call it ice racing, but you don't say what they are racing. Guess I'm slow.:anon.sml:
He is talkin about getting some mini bikes together to try out some ice racing:scared:. He does alot of dirt racing on minis over on your side of town.:anon.sml:

Sorry my bad. Thanks cheezy1 for clarifying. Havent done it but going to try it out,if it works maybe we can get some other bikes out there and start our own little weekend series. Got to do something before spring. Anybody who has minibike,motorcycle etc.. share your experiences.

You dont need any more than an open lake and the desire to run in the cold.

Well tire spikes are a good idea and remember the cold will run your engine lean.

I could probably plow an oval with my little tractor(ss18) if there is snow, I just dont have anything to run on the ice right now.

I used to run what ever I had and fondly remember running a DT250 on ice with no spikes and it was a blast.

The blaster I had was a lot of fun on the lakes with just some hex-head sheet metal screws.

Sorry my bad. Thanks cheezy1 for clarifying. Havent done it but going to try it out,if it works maybe we can get some other bikes out there and start our own little weekend series. Got to do something before spring. Anybody who has minibike,motorcycle etc.. share your experiences.
I thought you were askin' exactly the right question here!
No tellin' what those crazy folks from WI or MI would be racing on ice??
It's so cold and dark that they'd race anything from minibikes to polar hermit crabs just to stay active in the winter!
:laugh::laugh:

I don't know who the club is but they race bikes on my lake a couple times a winter. They plow two tracks with quads. While they race and tear up one, they're cleaning up the other for the next heat. Long Lake in Ionia County.