Read before posting anything in this forum.

Well....I would defiantly say, that's in the spirit of a Mini Bike!!
Spirit is there but time is not, I actually do not have time for any of the winter mini bike projects I will not be in this build off. I have my hands full finishing up my foundry and casting room. :thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
That's a much more important project for sure! There will be another build off in the future I'm sure:thumbsup:

dare

Vintage= not new built.... but there is an open class where alot of members are building their own frame.:thumbsup:
Cheers.

Here in Australia minibike frames are a VERY rare thing so I've been designing one in the vintage style.

Doesn't matter, I doubt I would have it done by April anyway! :hammer: :thumbsup:

george3

I picked up a 1971 JT1 Yahama Mini Enduro friday. Its complete but it has been sitting for 30 years in a garage. Would this be ok for the build off? It is a complete bike all together not in pieces. Not sure if I am going to disassemble it to clean it up or do it a different way. The main thing it is a complete bike not pices and far from running cond. If it doesent fit in this build off no Prob. I still need to do it. Lets hear a vote on this?

I picked up a 1971 JT1 Yahama Mini Enduro friday. Its complete but it has been sitting for 30 years in a garage. Would this be ok for the build off? It is a complete bike all together not in pieces. Not sure if I am going to disassemble it to clean it up or do it a different way. The main thing it is a complete bike not pices and far from running cond. If it doesent fit in this build off no Prob. I still need to do it. Lets hear a vote on this?
George that was my first bike after my Cat mini, how clean is it???? I went from Cat 350 X to JT1 then TS185 the rest does not matter after that...

george3

Quote:
Originally Posted by george3

George that was my first bike after my Cat mini, how clean is it???? I went from Cat 350 X to JT1 then TS185 the rest does not matter after that...
I dont know how to do the doubble quote thing so I just copy and pasted the first quote.

The bike has been sitting for how many years? I am not really sure. it was bought I think new for his daughter in 71. if so she would used it till 75 my guess. I haven even looked it over yet. I think it might have the oem tires on it. the fork seals are leaking I think. I want to be real careful on wrenching on this bike. I dont think it has been wrenched on yet. I really didnt look it over yet. The gas cap was almost impossable to come off, even with a strap wrench broke it loose and the gasket ripped all to hell. I feared the tank was trash but looked clean I will have to check with a flashlight maybe tomorrow. no dents or damage anywhere. Believe it or not I have my hands full with this one. If it never been wrenched on I dont want dissamble and wrench mark anything.

I vote NO ! It's a mini cycle. It has a mini motorcycle engine, and gears that shift like a motorcycle. Come George, have you flipped your lid !:shrug:

george3

I vote NO ! It's a mini cycle. It has a mini motorcycle engine, and gears that shift like a motorcycle. Come George, have you flipped your lid !:shrug:
The build off is in two classes real mini bike and the open class. It doesn't really matter I still have to do it.

george3

I vote NO
Read Page 1, Rule #2
....Plus EVERYONE knows "I Hate MiniCycles".
2. No bike allowed unless it's less than half finished! You can start gathering parts and materials now, but assembly and fabrication not allowed until January 1st, 2012.

Do you think the bike is half finished? Not even started. I can disassemble a mini bike and reassemble, done. Or clean this bike throughly replace all the bad parts check the oil injection, piston rings, carb. rebuild, replace fork seals and prob. alot more. Unknown till I start.
And sorry it dosent have 4" wheels mac but I could install some training wheels for ya.

Last edited:

george3

I would just like to have it..... I have some real good pics of me and mine I will have to scan them and post... OK back to the build off.....
cool, how good does it come out with the scanner? I never tried it on a photo. The guy I got it from mentioned he had pics. of the girl rideing it way back when. I am going to see if I could get them.