Murray Track 2 Mini Bike Owners Group

Never noticed this thread, but I just joined the owner's group last weekend. :thumbsup:

Here's my old man's...

Mine... (sorry crappy CL pic)

Future dragbike??????

The bare frame was a Christmas gift from the whole fam damily....

I've posted that pic someplace else in another thread, but this is a good spot for it too.

The forks the old man picked up somewhere on the cheap (If I remember right they were off of a Kawasaki) and I recently got a genuine (FREE!!) GX390 that I'm thinking about putting in it....

Neck

Growing up is optional
I believe those forks are available through Barhorst (BMI) manufacturing, new, for pretty cheap! Search BMI karts on the web.

Thought we were all a bunch of old farts.... :shrug: Or at least on our way there... :doah:

Still no luck finding one Neck, or you not really looking that hard?

Neck

Growing up is optional
Still no luck finding one Neck, or you not really looking that hard?[/QUOTE]

MBP took pity on me, and has agreed to part with one of his. See..... my whining did some good! I'll bring it home maybe week after next. Got a nice little World Formula project to put in it!:thumbsup:

I like what you did with that one Bill.... Did you ever get aound to the break down and paint?

Neck... Congrats! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see what you do with it!

The bare frame was a Christmas gift from the whole fam damily....

I've posted that pic someplace else in another thread, but this is a good spot for it too.

The forks the old man picked up somewhere on the cheap (If I remember right they were off of a Kawasaki) and I recently got a genuine (FREE!!) GX390 that I'm thinking about putting in it....
Do the K10s fit the Murray tube? That's the biggest drawback on the Murray is the forks, pretty rough ride for something that handles so well. With front suspension it could be the perfect non vintage minibike.:thumbsup:

They don't fit really, the neck tube on the frame is shorter. But I'm thinking they can be shortened a little between the trees and altered to fit.... We haven't really looked at it all that closely yet, could be wrong. :shrug: The old man just sat it in there and it looked cool, snapped a pic and put it all back away yntil some of these other projects get finished.

I love the rider I got but I agree it could really do with some front suspension.

Funny thing about Bill's post, though, is we also happen to have a complete Manco Thunderbird that we never ride and were thinking about selling..... Maybe we should hold onto it for a while.....

Still no luck finding one Neck, or you not really looking that hard?
MBP took pity on me, and has agreed to part with one of his. See..... my whining did some good! I'll bring it home maybe week after next. Got a nice little World Formula project to put in it!:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
So I can start bragging about mine more without feeling bad. I damn near talked myself into shipping mine to you for what I paid plus actual shipping. I felt bad you had ridden one and couldn't find one, I searched for one and stopped. Mine came to me on a fluke for $120 running and now has a 5.5 Briggs Intec with my own exhaust and a round tank mounted to the side of the backbone with clamps and brackets. Friggin wheelie machine. I need more power but a smaller sprocket out back for more top speed. It will slap you in the head off the line. I had ridden one with a clone and it was stupid quick and would wheelie with a slight rev so I knew my Intec would make it go. I plan a Dupor with billet stuff eventually and a more agreeable rear gear. Glad you got one Cliff!:thumbsup:

I got this one off craig's about a year ago.....kinda rough shape

it's banged up, the stock rear brake is missing, no footpegs, bent handlebars. I installed a universal band brake and cable.....it sucks I'd be great to find parts for these things :shrug:

I hooked up a 6.5 and TAV. made a header, installed a UNI filter and re-jetted the carb. I'm running a 60T rear with a #41 chain. I bet it goes close to 40 mph with the governor connected. I wish it had better brakes

I moved the engine over on the "other" sets of slots to better center the clone engine in the frame. I had to make a spacer to move the sprocket. The BMX bars work great and I've replaced the temporary foot pegs with some Harley footpegs

I'ts torn down now and will be painted up over the winter

:clap::clap::clap::thumbsup: I'm not above putting wheelie bars on it if I have to!
Sure would hamper the cornering but a set would be wise if you want to push the limits. I've had mine try to shoot out from under me and am the only one who will ride it. I did let my nephew ride it with the 3.5 stocker but he'll never see it again. I'm leaving mine like it is for a year or more since it runs so well but plan many changes, no wheelie bars though.:no: