Cheezy1's Vintage Harrison Build

Bill, Do you know if many of these were built as "all chrome"? I would like to find more information on them (ads/brochures). Sounds like a pretty special bike.

Bill, Do you know if many of these were built as "all chrome"? I would like to find more information on them (ads/brochures). Sounds like a pretty special bike.
I have pretty much the same adds and brochures that Phil listed under his pics. I asked him awhile ago about how many were made...he responded with its a rare bike only. I was told since it had the big block and plastic Rupp style tank, front brake, and chrome..it was a number under 30 or less. I have no way to find out for sure. I only seen one other and it wasnt original anymore and didnt have the front brake. And Ive asked the local Harrison Gurus...but they just ask ''how much for it?'' and say its rare also. So I am kinda clueless on this one.:shrug:

I have a soft spot for that harrison wildcats, i am glad to see a rare bike like that is getting what it deserves. A beautiful restoration! Nice bike check out my hodaka power harrison some time.

Had a major set-back with the frame. I finally had a chance to inspect the frame and found alot of grind marks showing through. It seems when the dipped it to remove the old chrome not all of it came off. The then use a rough grinder to remove the tough parts. Needless to say..It is being re-dipped to remove new chrome and I will be refinishing the metal in the next few weeks so it can be re-chromed again.:doah:

Well..after 5 months and 4 trips to the chromer...the frame, fenders and clutch cover are correct. I can hopefully start assembly even though the build off is way over.:doah:
And yes..thats just wax..I just unwrapped it and havent cleaned it up yet.