Murray Track 2 Mini Bike Owners Group

It appears I have bought a Murray Track 2 frame with no forks or anything else. I'm planning on a little old skool bobber looking thing when its done. Do the BMI forks fit on the frame?

i see one local, 250.00 obo, missing cleaner, stock. if i get it, i have a gx390. would like a tav and widen forks to add fat tires for a trail bike. too much to ask from the frame?
judging by this pic, they look small for an old adult rider. i am 5' 10", 200#, too small for me?

Last edited:
I had this bike at Windber in 2011. It had absolutely no trouble with any hills period.
I think part of the wheelie problem, and it is a real problem with this bike, is that when the rider sits on the seat he is at least over or probably even behind the rear axle, the other reason is the gobs of torque this engine makes. This is a great pavement bike but it rides really rough offroad, not much fun. My ol bones need some suspension. I can say it will dump you off real easy.

Last edited:

george3

I had this bike at Windber in 2011. It had absolutely no trouble with any hills period.
I think part of the wheelie problem, and it is a real problem with this bike, is that when the rider sits on the seat he is at least over or probably even behind the rear axle, the other reason is the gobs of torque this engine makes. This is a great pavement bike but it rides really rough offroad, not much fun. My ol bones need some suspension. I can say it will dump you off real easy.
I have the briggs 7HP version of that engine yep alot of torque. Looks to fit in that odd style frame perfict.

CarPlayLB

It is your lucky day my friend. I customized my Track 2 ...Briggs Animal, Comet converter, and a billet front wheel! I have a front wheel that is in good shape with a fairly new tire on it. Send me an email at CarPlayLB@yahoo.com and we can make a deal. I also have handlebars, number plate, handlebar mount, and seat plastics(although the seat plastics are not even close to perfect, they are usable)

I need headset for Murray Track 2

Anyone out there know where I can get a headset for my daughter's Murray Track 2? Both bearing races are cracked. I can't find a new set anywhere. HELP!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Anyone out there know where I can get a headset for my daughter's Murray Track 2? Both bearing races are cracked. I can't find a new set anywhere. HELP!!!!!! Thanks in advance.
Welcome to OldMiniBikes :thumbsup: Have you checked your local bearing supplier? Most good ones can match nearly anything. I think they are small motorcycle or large bicycle parts but I never had one taken apart to see one way or the other. I sold my Murray before venturing that far into it but always planned to make or retrofit a suspended fork of some sort, I planned to see if a roller bearing would fit the head tube and go from there. Some photos of one apart would be welcome here if you can get some posted, and good luck on your quest.:thumbsup:

Hello all... Just bought me a Murray Track 2 Mini...$50.00...lol..And it runs and looks great. Stopping is something else... I need the cable with the eye loop on the end..Band brakes. I read the post about bending a cable and clipping it together but I would like to buy one like the one that comes on them...Thanks...Oh yeah come over to Heymow forum..I race lawn mowers..Super Mod Twin..Thanks again

Murray Track 2 Seat (?)

Hey folks. I need a replacement seat for my Murray Track 2. Any suggestions? I'd really to avoid building / fabricating / retro-fitting. Anyone aware of where I might be able to source a seat?

CarPlayLB

Hey Bunkerwood,
I have had Murrays for more than a few years, and I have never seen a seat for sale. Because of how they are built, they are an integral part of a complete bike...meaning giving up the seat means the value of the other parts goes down.
You may be better off fabbing up some brackets and having a seat made. It may be a long journey to find a seat! Good luck!