Sears Puddle Jumper Brake

ELT

I found this rolling chassis last summer and pretty much had everything around to make it an easy cheap project. This bike has a band brake on the rear wheel. My problem is I don't know what the cable housing anchor looked like. I can just make something up but I would like to see what was origional. Does anybody have a picture, it sure would help. I can't seem to find a gas tank either.

ELT

my sears puddle jumper did not come factory with a band brake. scrub brake only.
There are some pictures on here of bikes like mine and they are labled puddle jumpers. If I kew how to move a picture here I would. The two pictures on here show one bike with internal expanding shoes and the other one is like mine with a external band but the brake is not hooked up yet.

ELT

I just saw the bike on what is it. My bike lookes very similar, but has a rear swing arm. I have the same wheels with the band brake drum on the opposite side of the rear wheel from the sprocket.

you might be looking at a bike built by Sears or by Bird engineering. If you look at "View my photos", there is a pic of my 1980's Sears Puddle Jumper.

ELT

you might be looking at a bike built by Sears or by Bird engineering. If you look at "View my photos", there is a pic of my 1980's Sears Puddle Jumper.
I looked at those pictures but they ar not my bike. Mine is not a hard tail. The sears model number is 391.80970. The picture on the sears parts sight is so poor I can't see how the brake cable is anchored.