• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There were so many great moments but two really stick out for me.
1) Gerry pulling off the seemingly impossible task of getting Jack's old bike together and having him sign it!

2) my son riding the wheels off his newest Bonanza, getting his honorary Bonanza Brotherhood patch from Jake/Ed, and Having Evil Ed autograph his clutch cover!

Just got into bed. Was hanging at the fire with Square CHopper and son Jared,Vicki,HENT,JimH,JoshuaC.Evil Ed and a few others....I will try to post pics and videos when I get home. But I'm not leaving for another 12 hours or so....this year was even better than last year...:thumbsup:

markus

Looks like it was alot of fun! I thought I was gonna actually be able to make it this time, but a few of my endeavors earlier in the year tanked leaving funding a bit risky. The Ironic thing was when I got the mail yesterday afternoon there was a check mixed in with the bills and junk mail for $1300 that I never expected to get, which would have paid for my trip :doah:

everyone be safe on your drives/flights home!!!

I'm not sure how but we made it....even had to borrow a buddy's truck to get there.... loaded in the dark and drove through the night. Got there at 3 am .... Peekster was awake...:doah: that guy is a piece of work.

Had a whirlwind day....most of it is like a blur...you just can't do Windber in a day...too many bikes..too many great people and just not enough time.

By the time I got home last night I had gone over 2 days without sleep...unloaded in the dark....completely spent.
Sunburned..smelling like race fuel. ....blisters on my fingers from pulling those recoils a thousand times. I emptied my pockets and there was machine screws, snap rings, a spark plug...and crumpled up money...like coming home with a mini bike hangover.

But it was all worth it...I have some memories from yesterday that will last a lifetime.

I'll write some more later...I have to return the truck and then sleep some more.

Couple of quick pics....just to prove we made it:

buckeye

Well, all you nasayers, I been there, done that, and got a t-shirt!!!!
I am beyond greatful to everyone.
You know we always talk about how great people are on this forum.
Noe I can tell you first hand, they are even better in person.

A special thanks to Harleys Papa and MaMa. They put up with my farting in my sleep and kept my belly full. With food as well as a couple of beverages.:thumbsup:

I was able to hang out with all the great folks that made it, that I could find.
I rode every that they would let me. From Nanza's to Healds.

Made some life long friends. And hopefully no enemies.

Now the let down begins. And the recovery of my fascial muscles from smiling sooooooo much.

Gumpit, Manchester, Peekster, Delray,Chatten63, Packmule,Owen, Square Choppers Family, Hent,Vickie, Slywilly and his son, Phil1958, MiniBikin and his sons, The Wulff Bunch,KKK and his son, Jeep and AJ, Boatguy, Vette, Big Rob, Smallbike,Minibikedude, if I forget anyon, I am sure you understand, and of course the immortal Evil one himself. Asked him to sign my titty, that didn't go over very well.:laugh:

Thanks to all my new friends. Priceless!!!!!!!!!!

Just dropped off the truck and was thinking about something I wanted to post before I pass out...

After Jack was re-united with the bike and all the pleasantries exchanged it was time for the big moment...fire up the bike in full race trim for the first time in almost 50 years.

With the crowd gathered around and the anticipation high I sprayed some fuel in the velocity stacks....postioned the recoils..and gave it a good strong pull....nothing...pull again..nothing...more fuel....nothing...no pop, no bark...not even trying.

I had spent so much time on the cosmetics end of the restoration I never bothered trying to run the bike...just ran out of time. I took it for granted that I could get it to run once I got there. My kid and I had gone through both motors and run them on the stand and they were fine....what the hell ?!!

I had that deer caught in the headlights look....I felt like I was letting everyone down including Jack .

I was staring down at the motors and I could feel all eyes on me... I started getting that sinking feeling.

It was right around that time that I felt the power of the OldMiniBikes and the magic of Windber take over...I saw a pair of hands reach in....Brian (Delray) pulled the plug wires... Hent went for the toolbox..Peekster got the plugs out...Boatguy pulled off the kill switches....Chatten.....Glenn Baine..Evil Ed....my son Eric and others all went into action.

It was like it wasn't my bike anymore...it was everybody's bike...and that SOB was gonna start.

Jack Spitler must have felt like it was 1968 again and the pit crew at Kil-Kare Dragway was back in action...

Turns out the kill switches were the cuplprit...when I installed the motors I had wired the kill switches from both motors in parallel to the ground wire at the toggle switch so one wire and one switch would allow spark or kill at the same time.

Somehow (I haven't quite wrapped my brain around it yet)...the little ATOM ignition modules were shorting each other out....you need to run separate kill wires to each motor.

Of course by this time I had washed down the cylinders with fuel and fouled the plugs ....long story short with the help of many friends...some old, some new...we got that bad boy fired up and it was" hi-fives" all around.

I'm pretty sure there may be some video documentation of the whole drama...complete with my perplexed look and cuss words under my breath...we'll wait and see but thanks again to all.

Bed time.....

...fire up the bike in full race trim for the first time in almost 50 years....nothing...pull again..nothing...more fuel....nothing...no pop, no bark...not even trying.

It was right around that time that I felt the power of the OldMiniBikes and the magic of Windber take over...I saw a pair of hands reach in....Brian (Delray) pulled the plug wires... Hent went for the toolbox..Peekster got the plugs out...Boatguy pulled off the kill switches....Chatten.....Glenn Baine..Evil Ed....my son Eric and others all went into action.

It was like it wasn't my bike anymore...it was everybody's bike...and that SOB was gonna start.

Jack Spitler must have felt like it was 1968 again and the pit crew at Kil-Kare Dragway was back in action...
Man, that gave me goose bumps ! :smile: !

This hobby of ours, and the folks involved in it are really something special :thumbsup: .

Thanks for the story KK !

Gerry, I wasn't too lazy to read that story and you did yourself and everyone proud. Peek looked like an "ex-con" running from the law going across the field hahaha! Great job to everyone getting it running. One sounded good, but when the second West Bend barked into the same merged collector it was just plain viscious!