Removing governor on your engine and OldMiniBikes !!! Please read !!!

But my point is, why is this site trying to scare people into buying billet rods when the owners of the site sell racing engines with stock rods and the governors removed?.
In the 8 pages of BS it comes down to this; liabilitys and law suits,covering their ass.

They are guarding their money form people like yourself who disregard warning labels.

Let's put it another way

What people do in there own garages and back yards is their own business

But dont come on here and comlain about it or give advise on how too do something that has been stated as a no fly zone

You wouldnt brag to the police about speeding lol

In the 8 pages of BS it comes down to this; liabilitys and law suits,covering their ass.

They are guarding their money form people like yourself who disregard warning labels.
How did I disregard what warning labels?
If they (OldMiniBikes) are worried about lawsuits why do they sell their engines with stock rods and governors removed?

OldMiniBikes cannot be sued for someone suggesting removing a governor on this site.

Last edited:
How bout them Browns??

None of it matters. It a rule of the site. You read the rules, right?:laugh:
Rules are rules but don't go posting a picture of this catastrophe of an engine broken in half because the governor was removed when the governor is clearly visible.
And that a stock connecting rod can cause serious bodily harm when you sell racing engines with stock connecting rods.

I see the point with the flywheel, one in a million might come apart, great, end of story. No need to post pics of bullshit.

So... a guy in the classifieds here was selling some parts. I contacted him and made an offer. He got mad, I think he was drunk or high, he shoots me. OldMiniBikes.coms fault? I can sue this site? No. Wouldn't even cross my mind.
The above scenario is about as common as a flywheel failure killing someone.

buckeye

Where's that beating a dead horse when ya need it?

What ya trying to prove? OK, there is a pic posted by a member, not OldMiniBikes admin.
The point is, it is a rule of the site. I have rules in my house. You would respect them just as I would respect yours in your house.:thumbsup:

What ya trying to prove? OK, there is a pic posted by a member, not OldMiniBikes admin.
The point is, it is a rule of the site. I have rules in my house. You would respect them just as I would respect yours in your house.:thumbsup:
Well thats a good way to put it. :surrender:
I'll keep my opinions to myself. Thank You Buckeye. :wink:

old-timer

Scamming Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's their playground and they set the rules . We in turn follow them or get bounced:shrug: I myself like it here :laugh:

Vic

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's their playground and they set the rules . We in turn follow them or get bounced:shrug: I myself like it here :laugh:

Vic
this post hits the nail on the head.

had a technician tell me he could get 40 watts cw (continuous power)
out of a 20 watt 530 nM laser. the analogy is that he disconnected
the "governor" (feed back) and did obtain 40 watts for about 800 milliseconds
before the pump laser, doubler, and optics, vaporized.

i should give him a predator and tell him i need 23 hp @ 8000 rpm out of it
with a stock flywheel and rod!

Last edited:
Bottom line is that those who want to be safe can, and those who don't want to should shut up about how they think billet connecting rods and flywheels aren't necessary. It's your own choice if you don't want to be safe, you can stop trying to convince the rest of us that you are doing "right".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning my name is Rob and I'm fairly new to the forum. I'm really glad I stumbled onto this thread because I had no idea of the dangers of removing the governors. I didn't know that flywheels could disintegrate or rods could shatter. I was waiting for my warrantees to run out before I considered removing the governors. Now I'm not sure if I ever will. At least not without replacing the flywheel and rod. I have a 73 Trisport RTS-5 and my daughter has a 74 Trisport MTS–30. I have a Northern Tool Powerhorse (LCT) 414cc engine and my daughter has a Powerhorse 208cc engine replacing the original mills. I know ALMOST nothing about building or modifying small engines and I'm looking for a little help. On my 414 I have already replaced the stock muffler with a Parsons adrenaline series big block header and RLV silencer. I removed the stock airbox and replaced it with a Parsons adapter and 2 inch air cleaner with prefilter. A Comet 40 series TC is fitted to the engine and jackshaft. The gearing is 10:54. I am happy so far with hillclimbing, acceleration, and torque. However, I am wondering what other relatively simple engine modifications I can make one or two at a time to increase my torque and acceleration. I have clocked 45 mph with it and I know that will not increase because the governor kicks in and the TC is at max opening. I'm really not concerned about increasing the top speed right now And i assume could only be done by removal of the governor. Can anyone give me any advice to type of modifications and the vendors where the parts can be found? Thanks guys in advance.

cxbra

I feel like some people have control issues and are used to bossing around everyone in their life, so they feel like they are the end all/be all of the minibike world! Ridiculous. I was searching through threads about flywheel fan blade trimming where a moderator closed it down. That was uncalled for and abuse of "power". Look, my predator is BONE STOCK with the governor intact, stock muffler/intake and everything. I was interested in seeing how people saw the performance after cutting the fins. Im not sure if the moderator understood that the fan and the flywheel are two separate things. The stock fan will outspin the flywheel any day. If you are running a motor with the stock rod/flywheel and WITH a governor, why would it be an issue to get a little less rotating mass off the engine if its a safe engine?

I just figure the owner of the forum can do whatever they like, especially since I'm getting the service for free... If I don't like it, I'm welcome to start my own forum.

Even so, I don't blame them. Legal bills are expensive.

Makes me ROFL you pretty much have to try an blow ur motor up!! Reving at high rpms for a long period of time also... jesus the motor must be 15 years old look at it

Reminds me of when I was (much) younger.... Honda SL 70.... first ran on alcohol, Flywheel put on lathe and lightened, then bored to 90cc (and run on alcohol) Kalgarded, THEN entire cylinder bored out, replaced with a 110 (or 125, cant remember) sleeve and piston.... Ran like a stripped @$$ ape for about 30 minutes.... then tied rod into a knot....
Couldn't make a 110 (or 125) rod fit... so probably only reason i didn't get shrapnel, cause we weren't through trying.... :smile:

(oh.... and in the end, the guy up the street blew us all away anyway,, 650 Kawasaki (3 cyl 2 cycle I think) in a 3 wheeler frame, chopped and lowered (kinda like a big wheel)... you couldn't keep it ina straight line in any gear with the power applied)

Last edited:
I use to race carts and used the yellow clone motors. I used aftermarket rod, cam with springs, push rods, carb and fly wheel. I also used a tach to keep an eye on rpm's. I turned the motor 6800 to 7000 rpms. I didn't hold it there the whole race but was there a bunch. I also ran 17 to 1 compression, with a alcohol/nitro mix. I pulled the motor down after each weekend of racing. I never lost a motor because I was careful and swapped out parts that started to show wear.I also had a blast shield to protect me if the flywheel were to let loose.
Dave