Awesome guide to modding Briggs 5 hp flatheads

\

this idea intrigued me has anyone tried it with successful results on a briggs?
I think he got away without using a check valve because the diameter of a brake line would seem to me to be much smaller than the vacuum line originally re-directing the gasses in the first place, which in my mind would seem to negate any benefits of this setup? It's just my first thought. I think id really like to attempt this setup but maybe use some steel fuel line for more volume. Does that sound more logical? And in that case would surely want some sort of check valve. That's where I would need someone to give me an idea of what to use. My only experience with check valves is confined to my gas grill:shrug: I don't know any reason this would hurt performance, does anyone else? The way im thinking is even if there is no performance gain I think it would at least look pretty cool! I really like this idea, would like to see someone else chime in on it. Ive seen breathers wacked right on the motor, catch cans run (which I still don't fully understand the purpose of) but this would just look cool and if all else fails, at least youll look good doing it!

some should add a mention of rod bolts in the rod section. my friend was telling my rod bolts tend to let go as they stretch but, if you get really high quality ones like ARP they don't stretch like the stock rod bolts do.

some should add a mention of rod bolts in the rod section. my friend was telling my rod bolts tend to let go as they stretch but, if you get really high quality ones like ARP they don't stretch like the stock rod bolts do.
As an aside, and speaking of stretch, ARP lists stretch specifications for it's rod bolts as the primary means of establishing torque when the length of the bolt can be measured, such as rods. Stretch is a more accurate way of measuring torque.

Supposedly, when the stretch is achieved, the bolts won't stretch any more, but will return to their original length once loosened. Thread and bolt head lube is everything of course.

since my engine is on briggs and my billet con rod is custom made one with who knows what for allen bolts (it has allen bolts in it) in it i think i'm gonna with ARP. also this guide could apply to more than just Briggs but, all flat heads. at least part of it.

If the briggs flywheel is so dangerous why do they still use them in the WKA unrestricted stock classes? I have seen them twisting 7200+ weekend after weekend without one single failure. If it was a safety hazard wka would make billet flywheels mandatory. Also not all valve float is bad. I enjoyed the read but so much is missing. Nice job nonetheless.