Hotrod pull wagon build

Dan-E-boy

HI fellow OldMiniBikes'rs, this thread is for a custom radio flyer that I'm building. Here in socal there are a lot of car shows and car/motorcycle swapmeets to go to.. at least a couple every month.. one of the cool things to look at while hunting for treasures are the custom radio flyer wagons that people build to haul their finds.. there are from quick lowering jobs up to highly custom and modified ones that aren't even functional anymore lol.
well I decided to jump on the band wagon and make one of my own. I wanted to go custom but not modify the tray at all so I can have full use of it.. one of the main things I wanted to do was to make it look like it had an engine, so at first I was looking for parts to slap together that would resemble one.. then I came across a small ice chest that looked like an engine and thought it would be perfect for a hot rod wagon.. kept collecting parts and finally got on it this weekend.. here are pics of the parts I scrounged up mocked up...

so now that I had it laid out it was time to jump on the frame.. started on the front axle first using small channel.. here are pics of that coming together..

still need to work on the linkage for the spindles but continued instead to build the rest of the frame..:hack::weld:

well this is where I stopped for today.. next up is welding in some mounts for the engine/cooler and finishing the front linkage.. then still have to make the pull handle.. also figure out a paint scheme for it..
will be updating soon.. let me know what you guys think and thanks for checking out my thread..:thumbsup:

45t

Just too cool! :thumbsup: I think a satin black & pin stripe paint job with white walls would look cool. :shrug:

I hope you keep the cooler functional for when you get thirsty at all those swap meets/shows.

Dan-E-boy

Just too cool! :thumbsup: I think a satin black & pin stripe paint job with white walls would look cool. :shrug:

I hope you keep the cooler functional for when you get thirsty at all those swap meets/shows.
Thanks 45t That would look cool in those colors, definatly an option.. the cooler will stay functional for sure. It barely holds a six pack of aluminum cans with a bit of ice.. I'm leaving the handle on it too, so I can just pull the cooler right out if I don't want to use the cart..

Loooks cool Danny....love the dropped n' drilled axle...:thumbsup:
Thanks kkk I was thinking of putting on a tank I got from you a while ago on this thing. I would have put it in front of the 32 ford fiberglass grill but it didn't fit to good size wise,and would get in the way of the steering.

Thats pretty cool:thumbsup: Heck, you mine as well put a real engine on that bad boy:laugh:
Didn't even think of that. Might be a good idea lol.

awesome its almost like they had that in mind when they made the cooler :laugh: even the grille whats that from or did you make it?
I found the grill at one of the car swap meets. This guy sells fiberglass car parts. He also sells gokart bodies, pedal car bodies, and cool little grills like this 32 ford in different sizes. Also got a 49 merc front end from him..

Awesome build as usual Danny.
Thanks minibikin' :thumbsup:

Looks great Dan :thumbsup: Just make sure you make the handle long enough :doah: The wagon I have is a pain to pull long distances because the handle needs to be longer :doah:

Dan-E-boy

Looks great Dan :thumbsup: Just make sure you make the handle long enough :doah: The wagon I have is a pain to pull long distances because the handle needs to be longer :doah:
Thanks Harleys Papa.. I will definitely take that advise. That one of the next issues to solve.:thumbsup:

nice wagon build dude....
Thanks outlaw.. are those your builds? They look great.:thumbsup:

Got a little more done yesterday. Worked on the front end linkage.. and also made the "engine mounts" .these will make the engine removable and when its in the frame it will sit level making the tray appear even more slanted..

Thanks Harleys Papa.. I will definitely take that advise. That one of the next issues to solve.:thumbsup:

Thanks outlaw.. are those your builds? They look great.:thumbsup:

Got a little more done yesterday. Worked on the front end linkage.. and also made the "engine mounts" .these will make the engine removable and when its in the frame it will sit level making the tray appear even more slanted..

dan e boy, yessir i built them for my 2 nephews 2 years ago for christmas. it was kick azz taking them to the mall, lol!