Jeep2003's Radical Ramrod BBO 2013 Open Class

When I have that problem, there always seems to be a pin hole in the brass float. I just use the plastic floats now:thumbsup:
its a mikuni carb with a plastic float. i had it apart once before and checked it out and it everything looked good. hopefully I can get it sorted out without too much trouble

Thanks ! The tank was leaking and bubbling up the paint so I made a new one that looks the same. took me all summer but i finally got it done lol. but I painted it and the fender military olive drab and im going to do the german cross on it . I figure itll be much easier to touch it up if I have any problems with the paint again. Also finnaly fixed that leaky mikuni now iv got to tune it a bit better. The carb and tank gave me problems from day one so hopefully i wont have to deal with them anymore. Ill post pics of its new look when i get it done.

Finally got around to finishing the tank. So this tank is all new. i reused the bottom of the old one but all the top metal is new. the old one was just too patched together to work with so i made it new with less rusty thicker metal. paint job probrobly isnt as cool as the old one but im happy with it . as long as it doesnt leak :thumbsup:

yup girder fork is all from scratch. works great suspention wise with the mountain bike shock in there. i think i put a lighter spring in then what came with it. The geometry was a bit off when i first made it . offset / trail was off. too stretched out in relation to the neck. so it steered funky. but i redrilled the lower tripple tree bracket to pull in the axle a bit. handles better now. glad you like it :thumbsup:

yup girder fork is all from scratch. works great suspention wise with the mountain bike shock in there. i think i put a lighter spring in then what came with it. The geometry was a bit off when i first made it . offset / trail was off. too stretched out in relation to the neck. so it steered funky. but i redrilled the lower tripple tree bracket to pull in the axle a bit. handles better now. glad you like it :thumbsup:
Pretty soon you're gonna end up with your own sub forum for your builds. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to report that the bike is running great and no problems to report. The tank and carb havnt given me any more problems yet. It really hauls butt especially on the road its smooth and fast and revs high with the mods I did. Great bike :thumbsup:

I decided to fix the trail on my steering a bit to see if i could get it to handle a little better. I welded up the top hole and moved as far back as possible only moved it about 5/8" or so but It worked great it handles much nicer now. It didnt take long to bend the top plate because of the shock force bending it up. I didnt anticipate that problem! I didnt want to add reinforcements down to the bottom tripple so I beefed up the top plate with a piece of thick bar stock. Sofar its holding up well. I think i will be riding this bike much more now. Did I mention it sounds as badass as it looks!?

Attachments

mustangfrank

I decided to fix the trail on my steering a bit to see if i could get it to handle a little better. I welded up the top hole and moved as far back as possible only moved it about 5/8" or so but It worked great it handles much nicer now. It didnt take long to bend the top plate because of the shock force bending it up. I didnt anticipate that problem! I didnt want to add reinforcements down to the bottom tripple so I beefed up the top plate with a piece of thick bar stock. Sofar its holding up well. I think i will be riding this bike much more now. Did I mention it sounds as badass as it looks!?
Nice photo shoot with the fallen leaves, looks pro!

The rear wheel broke where the sprocket bolts on. Not good. So I welded angle iron tabs on the drum to go to where the wheel bolts together. Much stronger location. It has a little more wobble than before so I had to slacken off the brake but the sprocket runs ok and all is working well now.

Attachments

The rear wheel broke where the sprocket bolts on. Not good. So I welded angle iron tabs on the drum to go to where the wheel bolts together. Much stronger location. It has a little more wobble than before so I had to slacken off the brake but the sprocket runs ok and all is working well now.
I always enjoy your builds. :scooter: