Hotrod pull wagon build

Dan-E-boy

your doing a good job!
that front end/linkage looks SLICK!
that's a cool build:grind:
thanks guys:thumbsup:

Love the front end, what are the dimensions on that?
thanks.. I used 1inch channel with half inch legs. bottom rail is 12 inches on the centerline. two pieces that bend up at a 45 are 3 inches long on the centerline. :thumbsup:

nice wagon build.........:thumbsup:
cool if we had a radio flyer section/builds we could save......

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/more-than-two-wheels/31772-radio-flyer-wagon.html
thanks delray.. you did a great job on yours:thumbsup:

HI fellow OldMiniBikes'rs, this thread is for a custom radio flyer that I'm building. Here in socal there are a lot of car shows and car/motorcycle swapmeets to go to.. at least a couple every month.. one of the cool things to look at while hunting for treasures are the custom radio flyer wagons that people build to haul their finds.. there are from quick lowering jobs up to highly custom and modified ones that aren't even functional anymore lol.
well I decided to jump on the band wagon and make one of my own. I wanted to go custom but not modify the tray at all so I can have full use of it.. one of the main things I wanted to do was to make it look like it had an engine, so at first I was looking for parts to slap together that would resemble one.. then I came across a small ice chest that looked like an engine and thought it would be perfect for a hot rod wagon.. kept collecting parts and finally got on it this weekend.. here are pics of the parts I scrounged up mocked up...

so now that I had it laid out it was time to jump on the frame.. started on the front axle first using small channel.. here are pics of that coming together..

still need to work on the linkage for the spindles but continued instead to build the rest of the frame..:hack::weld:

well this is where I stopped for today.. next up is welding in some mounts for the engine/cooler and finishing the front linkage.. then still have to make the pull handle.. also figure out a paint scheme for it..
will be updating soon.. let me know what you guys think and thanks for checking out my thread..:thumbsup:
i only wish you built two ,so i could get from you:laugh::laugh:
looks great !

looks very nice! needs one of those briggs, estart, v-twin, 27 hp engines on it... well doesnt need it, but id like one of those, with one on it! then i dont have to walk around at the swap meets and could pull a trailer... lol

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Love the idea behind this build. Going to look sweet :thumbsup:

However, I so feel this should have a gas engine OR Elec motor too.

Put a steering wheel & linkage behind the cooler and set up to use from there.

Quick detach for the pull handle, for when driven.

A Friend has a Elec Kids Go Kart, I want to pull the Motor, Batteries, switches, etc... An install a 49cc gas scotter engine. Making the kart more functional.

This build is giving me ideas for that Elec motor, lol

Where did you get that cooler ? Its so kool..And how much was the Front glass grill.

" I found the grill at one of the car swap meets. This guy sells fiberglass car parts. He also sells gokart bodies, pedal car bodies, and cool little grills like this 32 ford in different sizes. Also got a 49 merc front end from him.. "

Do you have his e-mail or info ?

PM me if you could help with the info. Thanks..

Keep up the great work.

Dan-E-boy

i only wish you built two ,so i could get from you:laugh::laugh:
looks great !
Danny I know it's going to be one bad ass wagon. You do excellent work.:thumbsup:
Very nice Dan! I am glued to this thread!:thumbsup:
thanks guys, I should be finishing the fab work this weekend and start on paint soon..:thumbsup:

looks very nice! needs one of those briggs, estart, v-twin, 27 hp engines on it... well doesnt need it, but id like one of those, with one on it! then i dont have to walk around at the swap meets and could pull a trailer... lol
Love the idea behind this build. Going to look sweet :thumbsup:

However, I so feel this should have a gas engine OR Elec motor too.

Put a steering wheel & linkage behind the cooler and set up to use from there.

Quick detach for the pull handle, for when driven.

A Friend has a Elec Kids Go Kart, I want to pull the Motor, Batteries, switches, etc... An install a 49cc gas scotter engine. Making the kart more functional.

This build is giving me ideas for that Elec motor, lol

Where did you get that cooler ? Its so kool..And how much was the Front glass grill.

" I found the grill at one of the car swap meets. This guy sells fiberglass car parts. He also sells gokart bodies, pedal car bodies, and cool little grills like this 32 ford in different sizes. Also got a 49 merc front end from him.. "

Do you have his e-mail or info ?

PM me if you could help with the info. Thanks..

Keep up the great work.
thanks guys. it would look cool with a motor too, but these swapmeets dont allow mini bikes or gokarts to be used, they even get mad when you jump on a bike. adding all the sprockets and gears needed would just make it heavier to pull around. I will eventually make a hot rod gokart instead..
the fiberglass guy is very random, Im pretty sure its the same guy that MAC gets his clutch covers from. I will ask if he has a website or get some contact info next time I run into him. The Ice chest was found at one of the car swapmeets, did some research and couldn't find much. there was one on ebay a while back that sold for around $40.. :thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

got more work done on this today.. the front grille is mounted. the tray is mounted. pull bar is almost done, just needs the actual handle to be welded to it. but I'm still not sure what I'm going to use.. as far as the cart, its now ready to pull apart and paint.. started taking the ice chest engine apart, had to send some parts of the engine to get chromed.. here are a few pics of it now..

here is a pic of some of the engine parts at the chrome shop... I dont know where you guys go for chrome but my guy only charged a couple bucks..:laugh::laugh:

another update soon:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

See you have the same chromer I have.

Awesome build Dan.:thumbsup:
Thanks buckeye!:thumbsup:

Finished up the cooler. The bottom part was painted with undercoating since it will take more abuse. The top part is semi-gloss black engine enamel. Everything else on the engine went to the chrome shop.. also pulled the wheels apart and painted them cast aluminum silver.. the frame got a couple coats of gloss black but is still hanging out to dry..:thumbsup:

Dan-E-boy

You Dyno that engine yet:smile:

An What ! No Red lines / Whites ?
I'm sticking with black walls for now because I know it will look good with the dark metallic Brown that the cart and front end will get.. I was going to paint it gold at first,so that would have looked good with white walls.but I guess its all opinion right?:thumbsup: