Need some help with a Tecumseh

Engine numbers are: HM80-155174 Ser 0011C

This engine is off of a Super Bronc that me and the boy are trying to resurrect. I replaced all of the leaking fuel lines and removed and cleaned the carb. We got it started but it won't run for very long. I started it on choke and then take it off choke immediately before it dies. If you try to throttle it up quick it will sputter and die. It won't recover and keep running. I tried several adjustment while it was running but if you move anything it will sputter out and die. It sounds decent when it's running so I'm not sure what the problem is.

What can you tell me about the engine from the serial number?

Thanks

By the way, the decoder maybe is wrong in that it lists a TVA90 as 9 cubic inch. That is incorrect. The 80 in your HM80 refers to horsie power.

Doc

Alright, that carb is clean. It will start and run, and I can adjust the high idle and get it to smooth up but as soon as I move the throttle it sputters and dies. My arm is pulled out, about to give up on this thing.:2guns:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Hey, I just fixed that same problem. E-bay item 151331585729

All I had to do after it was installed was adjust idle and the high speed jet. Bingo, ran perfect.

Hey, I just fixed that same problem. E-bay item 151331585729

All I had to do after it was installed was adjust idle and the high speed jet. Bingo, ran perfect.
Will this work on my HM80? Engines is in the description.

Replaces Carb for Tecumseh#: 631793 631440

Fits: H70 H80, 7HP 8HP 9HP

Last edited: