The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

I have a minibike that has been in the family for almost 50 years. From what I've seen on here it could be 60's ruttman washer although it looks like some of the Lil Indians are real close to it. The pic is from around 1968 and the bike still looks the same.

Dune Cycle Barstow to Vegas 1974/75

Found this in the OldMiniBikes photo archives posted by member islander2x_Washington State :

"We were the first group of Dune Cycle racers to enter Barstow to Vegas. There were a few all sport units there that year as well. We did not finish, filter problems and the centrifugal clutch on the Mac's and Kohlers did not hold up well. Next year we used Horseman engineered clutches and fared well. Good old memories. Still have a Dunecycle official dealer sign hanging up."

markus

Slide/photo is dated 1970, so this guy was smart enough to pull the fenders and lights off the bike right off before he let the wife ride it :laugh:

Water pipe frame

My dad made it in our basement back in the 60s. Since he had no welder, he chose to use water pipe construction. He used the Popular Mechanics plans as a guide, blending with his own ideas.

capguncowboy

My dad made it in our basement back in the 60s. Since he had no welder, he chose to use water pipe construction. He used the Popular Mechanics plans as a guide, blending with his own ideas.
That bike actually has really nice lines. Do you happen to know where it is today? Is it still around?

Thanks for the comments. The pipe bike broke with me on it while zooming up and down the alley behind my house. I bought a $10 frame from Boys Life Magazine and used the parts to build a new machine in the basement. Later on I broke that frame as well while riding across the corn field.

JimmyC

When it all Started

1972. I think it was a lil indian. String throttle and no fly wheel shroud (starter was broken). And yes it did catch the back of my leg on the fly wheel while riding (about 10 stitches). What a great memory.