Recent content by 72shriek

1. 72shriek

Rupp rear drum brake for 1967 Continental

I think the 5" one at Allied Lesiure may actually work. Size is right. I'm getting one delivered and I'll report back.
  2. 72shriek

Rupp rear drum brake for 1967 Continental

I have a 1967 Rupp Continental, but the rear brake assembly is totally missing. I have the drum/sprocket part on the correct wheel, but no mechanism or actuator or shoes or anything. What do I need and are there any sources that will work so I can get it back to a drum brake system (running a...
  3. 72shriek

Isn't this a Rupp TT or Continental?

Yeah - I wanted one for so long, but my priority has been on my Speedway and this may become another drain on ever getting that done. However, it's a heck of a great drain to be distracted by. I couldn't believe it when I saw it and I debated for a bit about getting it, but I knew if I didn't...
  4. 72shriek

I'm thinking it might be one of those heat resistant paints that kind of goes on textured like that as opposed to rust- he used that paint on the engine, I know for sure. I got a message in to him now to see what he used and if he had broken them down. the fact the paint is over the bolts, I...
  5. 72shriek

Any tips on how I can revive these wheels? I'm asking the previous owner what he sprayed them with and if he did it as a single unit or with the rims apart. Any thoughts on getting pain off these wheels - media blast, I suppose?
  6. 72shriek

Well, yeah, the mini bike has deep roots well before the baby boom, but by the late 60s they were marketed towards all us boomer kids. I'm 250 and trying to get 3 hp to carry that with just a centrifugal clutch is asking a lot, I think, but it did carry and propel me. I just want to get my...
  7. 72shriek

That's beautiful!
  8. 72shriek

Started it up today - started right up, ran great! I'm a bit too big to ride it very far, but I did actually carry me as far as I dared go on 6" wheels.
  9. 72shriek

I thought so - thanks, you made my day!
  10. 72shriek

Just picked this up this evening. I know it's wrong seat, wrong shocks, wrong engine, wrong after-the-fact footpeg bar, band brake instead of rear drum, no chainguard, lots of other things (not original paint), but I think wheels original, frame overall really nice, and those Carlisle tires...
  11. 72shriek

Bolting forks to frame; just a nut and bolt?

Yup, 5/8s. Please let us know - I'd appreciate it!
  12. 72shriek

Bolting forks to frame; just a nut and bolt?

I know my Ruttman fork is just a bolt and a nut. I'd like to find a way to use a bushing as well in mine. I was surprised - also why it took so long to get out of there!
  13. 72shriek

Speedway bearing snap ring

I'd like to see those pictures - I'll search but if you have a link I'd appreciate iut. I think I found a belt that's he right size and type but gotta check.
  14. 72shriek

Thanks so much - is the running over the jackshaft itself (the one that puts pressure on the driven pulley) pretty high tensioned or will it just plop out?
  15. 72shriek

So I was talking yesterday with someone who worked on the Speedway jackshaft and they told me that on the inside of the motor mount, accessible by looking at the bike from the underside, there is a snap ring on the bearing and that once the snap ring is out you can slide out the bearing and work...