Recent content by allstar59

1. A

Manco Red Fox LXT Torque Converter Questions

I would love to use the Tecumseh but it's pretty messed up. It didn't have a drop of oil in it, all the bolt holes are stripped that hold on the recoil housing and two of the holes on the cover that the bolts go through have broken off, the recoil itself has broken fingers so it won't engage, I...
  2. A

Manco Red Fox LXT Torque Converter Questions

I just picked up this Red Fox with a OHH50 Tecumseh engine thats kind of messed up and I've got a brand new Predator I picked up this weekend that would be perfect for it. My first question is will the torque converter bolt directly to the predator? This is my first experience with a torque...
  3. A

Briggs 60102-0267-01 help with kill switch

Thanks for the help. I'll get the right one on order. This doodlebug is for a 7 year old and I don't want him reaching down there and grabbing the spark plug lead instead of the kill lever...although I bet he'd only do it once....
  4. A

Ok another question. I found a coil in my stripped engine pile that looks like it's the same size and will fit but I think it's from a 5hp Intek. Would this coil work?
  5. A

Thanks for the reply. I think the electronic ignition is the way to go. Would this be the correct coil? https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Briggs-and-Stratton-496914-and-398593-Ignition-Coil.html
  6. A

I would like to use a handle bar mounted kill switch but this motor doesn't have a tab on the coil to hook one up. It has the stop switch that hits the top of the spark plug. The kid that rides this one really wants a kill switch on the handle bar. Is this possible? Thanks for any help. Jim
  7. A

I need to drill and tap crank Briggs 2hp

Well I did it the redneck way and I think it will work. I took a piece of scrap 2x4 cut it in two pieces and drilled a 5/8 hole in each. I found a paper feed roller from an old printer with an 8mm center hole and almost perfect 5/8 round part between the black rubber roller and end with the...
  8. A

I need to drill and tap crank Briggs 2hp

my nephews kids have a doodle bug that killed a 97cc and I want to replace it with a 2hp from an old edger but the crankshaft needs to be drilled and tapped. Being the tightwad that I am is this something I can do myself with a hand drill and Harbor Freight tap and die set? I can't even...
  9. A

Can the new style DB30 Doodle Bug handle bar be bent like the old style?

That would be great but I'm four hours south of San Antonio. My ads would be for Mcallen\Brownsville. Nothing around here but I'll keep checking. I never even thought about Craigslist
  10. A

Hi jdogg, yours was the first post i read when I decided to do this. I think I'll post an ad in the wanted forum for a set of original handle bars. I hate to spend 30 or 40 dollars on a bender I'll only use one time. Maybe this weekend I'll call Home Depot ans ask if they rent them
  11. A

I just picked up a DB30 new style mini bike with the swept back handle bar. I'd really like to bend them up to be more like the old style doodle bug. Can someone tell me if this is possible without destroying them? I read a few threads about this but there was never really a clear answer...
  12. A

Briggs 130212 4006-04 5hp Pulsa-Jet Diaphragm Cover Pitted

Well I wet sanded the cover with 320 grit on glass and it looks pretty good. Here's the carb I'm dealing with: I read a few posts about throttle wobble and sure enough this one is fairly wobbly. I'm going to put it together this weekend and see what happens.
  13. A

Thank you for that link. I'll try it tomorrow , I don't have anything to lose because I don't think it'll work the way it is. I thought about sanding it but it never would have dawned on me to do it on something flat like glass. Jim
  14. A

i'm trying to get this flathead working and the diaphragm cover looks really bad. This is the first carb I've ever tried to rebuild and I can't find this cover anywhere which I think is the old style. Can some one tell me if the new style will work? The only covers I can find are the ones with...
  15. A

Baja Doodle bug 97cc carb/governor problem

I think it'll be ok. I went ahead and did mod the linkage and it didn't turn it into a raging beast. It still just goes putt...putt.,putt. It really didn't bypass or disable the governor because it still retards it somewhat but it did improve the performance but even wide open the rpm's are...