Recent content by anthonyg

1. A

hs40 finished.

the block is a1970 rupp hs40 . the blower cover is off a1972 hs50.
  2. A

hs40 finished.

just started the hs40 for the first time. i gave the epoxy paint two weeks to cure. it started on the second pull on choke with the carburetor needles at 1-1/2 turns out. i only ran it 15 or 20 seconds. didn't adjust it at all. i was tempted to throw it on the bike but idon't want to scratch...
  3. A

hs40 finished.

happy new year.
  4. A

hs40 finished.

well that was a lot of interesting reading. gonna reread the whole thing again in a day or two. im already sorry i found the picture of that beautiful and unique hs40. in a few days i will be convinced i need one.
  5. A

hs40 finished.

it is mandatory i find a reasonable price for blasting and powder cote. stripping the parts by hand with sunny side two minute stripper and a wire brush is not the way to go. if i find myself building many more of these things i might put together a small blast cabinet and put a old electric...
  6. A

hs40 finished.

so you need a late model block and an old bearing style crank and side cover. and a new style lighting coil. but what year is that blower cover and can one be found. anthony.
  7. A

hs40 finished.

the cost on this was so hight because i desperately wanted the small lighted flywheel and round blower cover. i paid an incredible $465.00 plus shipping. came to $505.00 I never intended to build this engine up. i just wanted the parts i needed. being that i bought the tools to do my hs50 and...
  8. A

hs40 finished.

yes. i have $685.00 invested in it. i would like to keep it but i still need an ark rod and dynocams to weld up my cam and regrind it to 245. plus the springs and powder coating. i will have over a grand in my ha50 by the time its done.
  9. A

hs40 finished.

markus. the small parts really add up fast. a lot of the sellers don't really know what they have. mchenry power equipment deals sent me the wrong ream. invoice said 9/32 it was actually 11/32. i called them and they said take it up with eBay custumer service. i wound up buying two pilot...
  10. A

hs40 finished.

11. A

hs40 finished.

its rostolium apliance epoxy gloss white.
  12. A

hs40 finished.

no the bore was perfect so i did not pull the side cover off. bore had not a single score mark and miked out at 2.265. i did however replace many parts. i bought a cheap stens coil points and condenser. the points did not come close to being alined. and the coil was dead on arrival. i sent...
  13. A

hs40 finished.

brings back good memories. cosmetic inspiration by the picoso himself. markus.
  14. A

i started the same way. in 1972 i was 12 and all my friends had mini bikes. had to build my own...

i started the same way. in 1972 i was 12 and all my friends had mini bikes. had to build my own. took a couple of years to get all the parts. it was a fox frame with front shocks. no breaks dings or damage. grandma donated her 2-1/2 horse horizontal shaft briggs lawnmower . all my friends had...
  15. A

hs40 finished.

i really don't know. its a 70 rupp hs40 long rupp output shaft ball bearing on pto side. i bought it for the small lighted flywheel and round blower cover to put on my hs50. i put my square blower cover and large lighted flywheel on it so its not original any more. its kind of pretty. i guess...