Recent content by bikesisbikes

1. bikesisbikes

Trail Horse! Not stock

Yeah he and his lady seemed like great people. I'm glad it went to someone who wants to keep it and make it better than it is.
  2. bikesisbikes

Trail Horse! Not stock

Sold!
  3. bikesisbikes

Trail Horse! Not stock

I just bought a new toy, (35 Ford). Now i am eager to sell. How about a Trailhorse frame and everything on it brand new, for $400.00? Come get it, I need the space, (and money)!
  4. bikesisbikes

t 555

I believe they use the Peerless 100 axle. They are still available from Peerless and a company called Stanton inc. as well as several other companies. just google "Peerless axle" and you find more than enough suppliers.
  5. bikesisbikes

"Before and After" pics

6. bikesisbikes

Trail Horse! Not stock

After puttering around with this little thing for nearly 20 years. I finally got it finished. Now I can't ride it. At 75 years, I just can't tuck my legs up under me to keep my feet on the pegs. Located in Central Delaware. $600. The engine has less than an hour of usage. I just changed the...
  7. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

Well, age does funny things to people. In my case, it has decided I am too old to tuck my legs back up underneath me. It's time to let someone have it and enjoy it. Check out the "for sale" section. I keep the pull cord cover off to make it easier for me to start it.
  8. bikesisbikes

Muffler options

On my Predators, I use the sausage muffler with a 1/2 inch hole drilled in the center. It's not real loud, flows a lot better than original and doesn't look too bad. I don't think I would try to get it past any "spark arrestor" tests though.
  9. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

I thought about that, but there is no apparent contact, either with the chain or the clutch housing. For now, I just have to believe the dry chain was binding on the smaller sprocket. Or, there may have been a stamping burr on one of the links. So far, since the lube, I haven't heard anything...
  10. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

As I said in the initial post, everything in the drive line is new. I don't disagree, that lack of lubrication should be the cause, however, that is all I did and it seems to have cured the problem. The chain was shipped dry, (ie, not wrapped in plastic with gobs of oil everywhere). My fault for...
  11. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

I think I got it figured out. I woke up this morning thinking about this issue and what I could have done or forgotten to do. That's when it struck me. I had not oiled the chain. I just did so and things sound a lot better. Thank you, to everyone who tried to help.
  12. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

Not a video, but it is what I am dealing with.
  13. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

I have made several attempts to create a video but all have failed. Even when I know the banging occurred, while I was videoing, it doesn't come across. The bang is barely perceptible. What the video does show, is a lot of jumping and dancing of the chain. While videoing, it sounded like the...
  14. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

New chain, sprocket, wheel, tire engine and clutch. I will see about posting a video. That is actually a good idea, since I am not seeing the issue.
  15. bikesisbikes

New Centrifugal clutch.

No swing arm, rear wheel is new and the bearing is tight. Mounting bolts are new and tight. I did back the engine off about 1/4 inch. I backed the engine adjusting bolt off about 1/4 and then one by one loosened the engine mounting bolts and allowed the engine to slide back against the...