Recent content by Bobscooters

1. Bobscooters

Retirement boredom…

lol i gotta try that with the family
  2. Bobscooters

1980's Bird Thunderbird Chain size?

that's cool that you saved you minibike from when you were young , i wish i still had mine i think i sold it for $10. or $20. bucks :(
  3. Bobscooters

Fuel line - size / brands / choices

well first don't do like me and use cheap gas hose i have a old craftsman generator with a briggs motor and the other day i put gas in for fall - winter and about 10pm wife said whats the smell i keep it on the front porch for emergencies needless to say the hose split and leaked all the gas out...
  4. Bobscooters

38mph Sears!

that looks Sharp i had the purple sears puncher as a kid i think only difference it had front suspension . little governor story when i got my minibike two brothers also got sears minibikes the red ones with the 2 1/2 hp motor mine had the 4 hp anyways the first day they both removed the...
  5. Bobscooters

My $30 Lil Indian chopper

that's a awesome find the minibike god was looking out for you for sure and yeah i would have snatched up the little bird too, i remember the little bird back in the 60's at sears auto $99. to $119. red with a little 2 1/2 craftsman motor . that lil-indian if restored will be cool .
  6. Bobscooters

Subaru Robin EX17 high air flow no idle fix

i have a Subaru Robin on my Bonanza and run it stock because the motors are expensive compared to a predator i actually dropped my bike bent the pull start cover no big deal but broke several teeth off the flywheel yeah a flywheel for them you need to take out a loan . anyways i was able to find...
  7. Bobscooters

The dream did not come true

what is sad the prices nowdays for a used car , truck , motorcycle or minibike they think they are made of gold i think. probably 15 years ago i saw a ad in the local advertiser for three minibike frames for $99. yeah i said three well i called immediately and the guy said he was going out of...
  8. Bobscooters

I need help identifying this mini bike im restoring it as a project and rhis is the only pic i have of it before inpinted it

i'd say one of those little chinese crotch rocket scooters i heard the motors were junk but that frame has possibilities with a motor plate and a harbor freight motor .
  9. Bobscooters

Info ...Rupp Continental...1967 ?

i have the same frame it's a Rupp c250 , the Rupp Continental had swing arm , shocks and headlight. that's a nice frame + the wheels are a bonus when i bought mine i think it was just the frame and a broken wheel the guy i bought it from had 2 Rupps he also had the Continental but the frame was...
  10. Bobscooters

Let There be Light

looks Sharp !
  11. Bobscooters

name this bike ?

Cool whatever it is, i'd take it.
  12. Bobscooters

Walmart sale

what wallyworld is that look at all the minibikes , actually i wouldn't mine having one of the coleman bikes only because of the big wheels/tires for the woods now weather it would hold up is another thing.
  13. Bobscooters

Reo gas engine

that's a good price , i wouldn't mind having it just because it's a REO by Ramson Oldsmobile.
  14. Bobscooters

Holy grail silver shadow

Yikes , i got sticker shock $7,000. +
  15. Bobscooters

What type of tools?

i have been collecting tools since i was eight years old and still have some of my original stuff, i have SK sockets, Sears, Kolbalt, Stanley and yeah some HF tools. now days i go to antique stores, car shows and flea markets and look for good old made in the USA tools just because i like tools...