Recent content by BrownStainRacing

1. B

Chain issues Baja Warrior 1st edition

Some baja warrior/heat frames, I've had to switch the rear axle spacers to the opposite side. Watch for rear tire center to frame, some can be way outta wack. Then that gets into fab work with new engine plate to start. Earlier frames were very weak up around the neck. I've found it best to go...
  2. B

30 series driver weights weight ?

Good job. I love it when people actually do thier own testing. You will find out what works best for your riding style, terrain, power to weight. What works for me and mine, might not be even close to you and yours. I find the stock 212 works good, for me, with a 19" tire, and my 200# butt, is...
  3. B

Flywheel choices

SWEET !!!!!
  4. B

Pred. 212 missfire on pull start

Yea, .018" works good for a stock gov'ed engine. Don't go too far, most chinese carbs I've played with can barely go passed .020". Don't worry much about the resistor deal for a stock engine. You're not turning enough rpm to justify a non resistor coil or plug. Leave it stock gov'ed for now...
  5. B

Pred. 212 missfire on pull start

I start ALL my lil turd motors like this, No throttle Ignition off Choke on No throttle 1 or 2 short, slow, chug chug pulls no throttle Ignition on Choke off Then give em a yank, they fire up every time. Try that a time or 2. You could use a lil bit more low speed jet, they very lean outta...
  6. B

Question about black mamba cam for pred 212 (non hemi)

I perfer the JR, it makes power come in quick. Once you try an ISKY cam, you will never want another cam.
  7. B

30 series driver weights weight ?

That sounds like what I experience with them. Then the next set will a different weight. The pink springs are lighter and will drop the stall. You musta jus got a special pair, lol. They usally only drop 400-500 with the stock zinc weights. You can clip a couple coils off a spring to get...
  8. B

Times Two B200R

I put the cast aluminum flywheel on my grandsons stock 196, with the stock key, set coil air gap to .045", it still only had 23 mph top speed, and same max rpm, but it got there about 10-15 ft sooner. I was using my neighbors mail box and the edge of my drive way for testing distance. I'd say...
  9. B

Flywheel choices

Jody has got some very USEFUL info in his vids. Somes a lil long, lol. I started watching him 4 or 5 yrs ago. They surely help my builds nowadays. The 1st thing I check on every engine is crank end play. I can jus about guess what it's gonna take, or what to eye ball real good, to get an...
  10. B

Flywheel choices

Go around and check all bolt torque specs on the pred 224, including the rod bolts. It is a ducar block, but I seriously doubt ducar put them together. It is not even close to a TRUE DUCAR engine. The clearances, specs and bolt torque are all over the place. I tore 3 NIB pred 224's apart...
  11. B

Flywheel choices

I see you edited the "tilly 212" out. There's much better, less expensive engines available. https://www.dynocams.com/item/212-1000/ https://www.eccarburetors.com/Ducar-212-Hemi-wPVL-Flywheel_p_2036.html Heres a good read why the Ducar is perfered over the tilly...
  12. B

Carb

The stock pred 212 hemi carb will easily handle 4200 rpm, I don't recommend any higher rpm with the stock flywheel. Theres other things that need to been done before any stage whatever kits, ignition timing is 1.
  13. B

Difference between connecting rods?

@MJL Heres a thread were me and another guy got the Ducar 224 around the same time. He's got vids on it when he was tuning, you have to look for em, I think maybe 4 or 5. He was tuning for max rpm, while I was trying to tune mine down. But his riding area is much different then mine. He...
  14. B

I pulled it off a couple weeks ago. I might put it on a mini bike later, after I tune it down a lil. I was gonna put in a .027" headgasket to get the CR up to around 9.1:1 and add 1.3:1 stamped steel rockers and 22# valves springs, but to be honest, it dont need it.
  15. B

Very good question. I can set an engine up with 36* ignition timing and have it fire up with a simple pull, a small short armed person can do it. That engine will be around 8.5:1 CR, have a lazy, slow ramped cam in it (intake valve closes really late, around 80-85*) a nice fat low speed jet...