Recent content by C9H13NO3

1. C

What in the world

Long time no log in, what in the world happened to the old layout? How long has it been like this? At first I thought I was going colorblind (among other things). This "new thread" page is alot nicer than the old layout though. Well, see ya in another 6 months or so.
  2. C

Governor Woes

Post some pictures of how you hooked the linkage up. Something isn't right.
  3. C

Popping on deceleration

When you're letting off the gas (closing the butterfly) you're creating a vacuum. That vacuum is pulling fuel into the chamber and not all of it is being burnt- so it combusts as it enters the exhaust pipe. If your pipe is short enough you'll shoot a small flame out if you time it right, from...
  4. C

choppah

That looks painful.
  5. C

These turbos are getting cheaper

Hmm...... built in waste gate, meant for 100hp, it would probably take about a month or so until it spooled up. If you could figure out a management system and convert to EFI (Ie, Megasquirt II) it could be a pretty potent engine setup.
  6. C

Right Clutch?

No you don't need any spacers of any sort. As long as you have a bolt with a washer that has an OD larger than 3/4", you'll be fine. It sounds like your clutch is a bit of a snug fit (hence, mallet) so you should be fine without set screws. I've used set screws on some bikes and skipped them...
  7. C

GC160 Header pipe

Add a brace to that pipe or it'll snap at the flange. Other than that, great work :thumbsup:
  8. C

Time to get this thing going

Clean the carb. Check your linkages. Done.
  9. C

Do I need a muffler?

Could always use an RLV silencer (Muffler, Open Modified 1 5/16"), it'll cut the sound down a bit and won't rob you of any noticeable power.
  10. C

Do I need a muffler?

That it is! :thumbsup:
  11. C

Do I need a muffler?

:laugh: :thumbsup:
  12. C

Do I need a muffler?

Not important at all. Required for most AKRA classes however.
  13. C

Missing Lash Cap- Problem or no?

At this point? Mostly school. I still lurk around every now and then when I'm bored but haven't touched a mini since I sold my last one to Minibikin' in October.
  14. C

Total parts blowout

The TAV is an interesting story... Every piece is there except for the bronze bushing. I may and most likely do have that somewhere but for now it is missing. When I had it on a bike it worked flawlessly. I welded two of the pieces that attach to the output shaft of the engine together...
  15. C

Total parts blowout

Heres the link to all the pictures. For Sale Photos by C9H13NO3 | Photobucket I'd rather sell the TAV parts as a whole. I have a belt for it thats worn down but is usable. $60 and its yours.