cfh's latest activity

• C
    cfh replied to the thread Tecumseh Hssk50 wont fire.
    i will check out that leak tester. both engines the valves are nice inside their valve guides. pretty much perfect. as for rings, these...
  • C
    for those that question my proof of life bench testing engines, here's a video i did on the process i use. this particular motor had...
  • C
    I broken out the compression tester and found both motors to be under-par at about 65psi. In my experience anything below 100psi does...
  • C
    skipp no condenser it's CDI.
  • C
    try closing the gap? not sure what you mean. spark plug gap is .030 which is what it should be. air gap on cdi is .012 which is stock...
  • C
    grabbed another motor from the stack. a late 1990s Hssk50 off a snowblower, with small exhaust valve. now i did nothing to this motor as...
    • m.jpg
  • C
    now that you mention it, not sure i've ever fired a small valve HS motor this way on the bench. (i try and stay with large exhaust valve...
  • C
    Ole4 but i always fire my tecumseh hs50 engines "bare" like this on the bench. and they always generally work. and if they don't, after...
  • C
    flywheel key not sheared. flywheel is tight and to torque spec.
  • C
    in the past it's been with motors that are pretty spent. so i tend to just part them out. this is the first time it's happened on a...
  • C
    I’ve tried multiple plugs no difference The compression release is on the cam lobe. It’s not something you can really remove unless you...
  • C
    I always test motors like this with no carb, no exhaust. just put either lacquer thinner or starter fluid in the spark plug hole, screw...
  • C
    cfh posted the thread Tecumseh Hssk50 wont fire in Tecumseh.
    Have a 1990s tecumseh hssk50. this engine is off a snowblower, and is in very nice condition. the bore is scratch-free, original hone...
  • C
    I have a nice Speedway Widow Maker. and the only thing missing is the pull start. Actually it was *not* missing, but the spring was...
  • C
    actually 1970 and 1971 the frames were colored (red, blue, purple, etc.) it was 1972 to 1975 the frames were black with only the rear...