cfh's latest activity

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

• C
    cfh replied to the thread 1972 Rupp?.
    i would not go the light route. it's expensive from the motor with lighting coil, to the head lamp/wiring/tail lamp. Badge it as an...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread 1972 Rupp?.
    almost for sure was once a Roadster2. The trials tires give it away (not black widow or enduro.) Also if the frame was originally black...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Paint or Powder Coat.
    a lot of people use the "Illusion" candy colors powdercoat as it is far easier to get a consistently good finish. It requires the color...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Plastic mtd fuel tank.
    did you try the correct part???? it's fixed every mtd gas tank i've worked on.
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Throttle grip.
    the bolt goes against a spring which rubs on the rotating throttle. basically it makes a throttle a "dead man's" throttle. I always...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Plastic mtd fuel tank.
    the mtd gas tank rubber flanges are readily available. see www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/mtdinfo.htm#repair for info on this.
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Mtd 750.
    That bike above is nice because it's the 12" front wheel version. I just did one, bought it for $100. it needed *a lot* of work. But...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Tecumseh HS50 gas tank.
    need to be more specific. side or center fill? color? old small hole style or is the new large fill hole style ok?
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Hs40 55408c side cover.
    here's the brackets in place.
    • mtd.jpg
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Speedway Tanks.
    i thought it was the other way? the metal tab on the back used 71/72. the side two bolt-through tank design used in 73?
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread Speedway Tanks.
    the one that says "speedway" is later, probably 1973. the other is 1971-1972.
  • C
    i don't think it's the same sump cover. the diameter of the crank that passes through the cover is smaller on h30 motors.
  • C
    all the MTD's i've seen the brackets overlap each other at the 11 oclock position (i have 5 of these bikes, they are all like that.) and...
  • C
    The bracket you have at the 6 oclock position is positioned wrong. move it to the 9 oclock position. and yes it shares the same mounting...
  • C
    cfh replied to the thread HSSK50 small block mods.
    My LH195 aka HSSK50 is mounted and did a test drive this week. It kicks butt. i don't have a tach installed, but would say in the 5000...