Recent content by ChromeBikeGuy

1. ChromeBikeGuy

Can anyone id this air filter

Trying more pictures Yes I have blown this filter out with compressed air. Several times actually. But if the dirt/gravel has any little bit of dust this thing starts running like crap and will foul a plug quickly if I don't shut it down. Thanks for your help.
  2. ChromeBikeGuy

Can anyone id this air filter

So I'm working on my new Garage and my compactor needs a new air filter. It's a Predator 179cc. I know not a mini bike but I am here with the small engine experts. Even pretend I'm pulling the motor off this to put on my next mini and I want to keep it STOCK engine. Anyway I'll post pics of...
  3. ChromeBikeGuy

Anybody Know?

Evil Knievel edition
  4. ChromeBikeGuy

Vintage kart

I'm with @Bigjake. Don't scrap it too quick. Post a location and then let some pms come in. I'd grab it just to have around if close by. I can't imagine you couldn't get way more than scrap value for that. What's it weigh, like 100lbs? Edit: I have no clue what kind it is. Since that's the...
  5. ChromeBikeGuy

Where to start on new project

Thanks for the pictures. Pretty much what I was imagining.
  6. ChromeBikeGuy

Thanks for the pictures. Pretty much what I was imagining.
  7. ChromeBikeGuy

Ok. 2 votes for cold bend, and don't hit stuff. That's easy enough
  8. ChromeBikeGuy

Ultimate Bad-Ass Drag Minibike (Dual Predator Hemi Powered)

I am also glad you're several states away. My wife would not be impressed to see that in my truck. It would be a blast on the Salt Flats though.
  9. ChromeBikeGuy

I also have a trike project going on that needs the forks fixed. Has anyone done a write-up on here on what works and what doesn't?
  10. ChromeBikeGuy

So I can obviously just manually bend the forks back into a straightish shape. How well does that work? Will they just bend backwards easier next time? Anyone done it and kept them straight? Would adding a strongback on them help? No I am not going to try to find another set that is...
  11. ChromeBikeGuy

New mini bike/scooter project

It's getting a gas engine. I am NOT an electric vehicle kinda guy. My buddy did drop off the original rear wheel/tire. That makes it a little better. After I uncobble the seat, it should be a useable scooter. Not sure if I should call it a mini bike or stick with calling it a scooter.
  12. ChromeBikeGuy

So my guess is they took the pedals off of the MOPED/SCOOTER when they added the gas engine. Then there no where to put you feet so they did the foot pegs on the front. Then you couldn't reach them from the seat, over the engine. So they cobbled up the seat post so you could reach the foot...
  13. ChromeBikeGuy

So the paint scraping wasn't going very well. I was afraid I would remove whatever was on the tag. I got out some brake cleaner and it dissolved the black and most of the red paint. Underneath I found the remains of a tag for "SOLO Kleinmotoren " I googled that and think mine came out in the...
  14. ChromeBikeGuy

First day off. I decided to do another once over for a tag or name. I found one right where it should be, DOH... The number stamped in is 703186. Not sure which method to start with on removing paint. Razor knife/scraper or paint stripper/chemicals. And a couple of the CICLOMOTORE Tyre
  15. ChromeBikeGuy

I am not a "make it original guy". I am a "make it run and let the nephews and grandson enjoy it guy". As far as the seat post I am just trying to figure out what it is, so I can look up pictures of it originally. I really am surprised it has everyone here stumped on what it used to be. I...