Recent content by ClipperBuggy

1. ClipperBuggy

Tecumseh HS40 Angle Mount Oil Capacity

I am going to pull the head on my Tecumseh HS40 Model: 55565K in the next few days. I'll let you know what 21 oz. did to it. Should be interesting. I figure, if they sell a dip stick for the purpose of using on a slant mount. it must mean you need less oil, since the safe zone is lower.
  2. ClipperBuggy

I thought the same thing. But when I kicked the motor over I think I blew the head gasket. I'm getting oil dripping from the bolt closest to the ground. The motor I had purchased from a guy who sent me a video of it running but I never started it myself until now. So possibly it had a head...
  3. ClipperBuggy

Tecumseh HS40 Slant Mount Oil Capacity

Do you all think I should reduce the amount of oil in the motor because I have it mounted on an angle?
  4. ClipperBuggy

When you mount an HS40 on an angle, do you need to reduce the oil capacity? I have 21 ounces in my 80's HS40 but the angle mount dipstick says it's over capacity & it's full to the filler neck. thoughts?
  5. ClipperBuggy

Original Tecumseh bowl carburetor, rebuilt it, but most likely on it's 5th life at this point. I'm going to re-build a diaphragm carb I have as that's really what I want on there, Just want to get some practice learning to tune.
  6. ClipperBuggy

Got it, so the oil level sounds correct then. I'll work on the tuning a bit more now that I know it's safe. First time trying to tune a carb.
  7. ClipperBuggy

I read the Tecumseh HS40 motor takes 21 ounces of straight 30 oil. (My motor is an 80's model) I have it mounted on a slant on my FOX Spoke Wheel mini bike. I poured in 21 ounces of oil & the dip stick has it above the safe line. (While slanted) the oil is pretty close to the fill hole, so...
  8. ClipperBuggy

197? Tecumseh lighted HS40

Email me at ClipperBuggy@gmail.com My inbox is full and formatting issue won't let me clear it on my phone.
  9. ClipperBuggy

Without the original serial number plate it will be hard to tell exactly what it originally came with.
  10. ClipperBuggy

how long is that crank, 2.5 inches or 3 inches? Do you have the serial number and model number plate? it looks like it is missing?
  11. ClipperBuggy

Fox Trail Tramp..StreetScamp...Trail FX...Campus FX Progress

With the exception of just a few parts. Almost everything is NOS. I only have the one frame. Not much came in original boxes. But you can tell they were never used. Haven't thought about what I'm going to do with it once I'm finished. That is a good question actually. Right now I'm itching...
  12. ClipperBuggy

Fox Trail Tramp..StreetScamp...Trail FX...Campus FX Progress

So as we all know, the Fox Spoke wheel series bikes are basically all the same frames when it comes to the Street Scamp, Trail Tramp, Campus FX & the Trail FX. So when I picked up what I would say was a Campus FX bike, the only question about which version I was going to build purely had to do...
  13. ClipperBuggy

Tecumseh Diaphragm Carb

Also interested in a 1968 Tecumseh HS40 block if you have one in good shape. cylinder walls not scored, valve tubes in good spec condition.
  14. ClipperBuggy

Tecumseh Diaphragm Carb

Something like this. Must have the two adjustment screws though.
  15. ClipperBuggy

Tecumseh Diaphragm Carb

Looking for a good Tecumseh Diaphragm Carb.