Recent content by copyman

1. copyman

Super Bronc VT-8 Brake Light Switch

Hi, Sorry I should of been more clear on my post. I haven't seen the type of switches in my pics being sold for several years now. If I come across any will let you know.
  2. copyman

Removing engine water slide decal?

It's been about 2 months since decal was put on. Didn't think about the soap will try that with the hot water. Thanks!
  3. copyman

Yes I buy all my decals from Paul. I did call him before posting my OP and he said good luck getting it off. He didn't think it would be easy and thought I would have to strip paint to get decal off. I will try the suggestions and report back. Thanks for the replies!
  4. copyman

Hot water will be first thing I try. Not going to reuse the decal. Thanks
  5. copyman

Is there a way to remove the flag decal on Tecumseh engine without damaging paint? The engine was recently rebuilt & painted. It got some scratches when shipped to customer so had them ship back for me to repaint (see pics). Was going to try and remove flag decal, repaint top half & put new...
  6. copyman

Super Bronc VT-8 Brake Light Switch

Hi Is this the type of brake light switch you are looking for? These are used on the Heathkit Hilltopper which used a lot of same parts as Heald.
  7. copyman

Saw this for sale locally...trying to figure out what it is

Now that's a mans bike! Nice find. Don't think I've seen that suspension using the shocks on the seat with swing arm setup. I'm thinking it might be a comfortable ride instead of where swing arm usually is at bottom of frame with rear tire....
  8. copyman

Tecumseh minibike manufacturer's engine list ?

Heathkit Hilltopper used the H50-65286H Heathkit Boonie Bike used a 5HP Briggs (will post # later)
  9. copyman

Gasoline question

There are some gas stations that also sell "off road" gas. This works well for small engines. I only use 4 cycle "engineered" fuel sold at lowes or home depot. It's pricy at $20 a gal but can leave in tank for up to 2 years without damaging tank or carb. If I road my bikes more often I would...
  10. copyman

Upholstery time

That is a great price. Most of these upholstrey people charge way to much, that's if they even want to do the work! If you get a chance can you post pics of the Boonie Bike seat. I have a Boonie and would like to see after it's done. Take care
  11. copyman

Tecumseh hs 40 flywheel numbers and options.

I have a NON-lighted flywheel & coil that was removed from an HS40 that I converted to lighted. PM me if still needed.
  12. copyman

Nasty Nate the scammer on ebay

I can see getting scammed on Marketplace, Craigslist, etc but how can it happen on Ebay? If you get scammed on Ebay it's your fault for not following the ebay "protection" rules. As long as you buy or sell using Ebay rules you are protected by Ebay guarantee . Sure it's a hassle but eventually...
  13. copyman

HS40 timing marks?

Thanks for the replies. Just in case someone else runs into the cam mark line being off a little, the way I have lined up in OP picture is correct. This was confirmed by one of the best small engine rebuilders I know. He said he has seen the cam mark off a few times in the past.
  14. copyman

Got old fox mini bike on trade... no tags

Good to know frames are different, most other parts are same on Fox spoke wheel models. As my post stated I knew the Scamp, Trail Tramp & Trail FX all used same frames & parts. Plus the picture OP posted looked like Fox Trail Tramp & Trail FX I rebuilt. Since Fox Parts manual (see attached)...
  15. copyman

HS40 timing marks?

Hi, Putting this HS40 back together after rebuild and just wanted to confirm the timing marks are correct? All the HS40's I've rebuilt the line on Cam gear will line up with the punch mark on crank gear. This one is off (see pic). Maybe just a factory mistake with the line? Didn't notice when I...