C

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You just need to buy a 30 series driver and driven. 6 inch drivens are the most common in 5/8" bore. That means you will need a 5/8" jackshaft that is long enough to mount to the driven and go through the frame. So you will need a 9 or 10 tooth sprocket that also has a 5/8" bore. Then you need the 5/8" bearings that sit in the frame to hold the jackshaft. If you go with a Predator 212cc they have a 3/4" crank so you need a driver with a 3/4" bore... After it is all mounted and together you will have to measure the center of the crank to the center of the jackshaft the get the measurement for the correct belt.
    By flipping it then you can run a torque converter. The torque converter gives you more low end for quicker take offs and hill climbing. As well as more top end/speed. If you just run it like it is you will burn out the clutch often because of the weight of the trike and the resistance of the tires rolling... Bolts break but you dont have to replace them with exact copies. I have snapped plenty of bolts. Just find some that will work.
    This is what the engine looks like mounted with the torque converter side.Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery
    At the top of the page in the red bar where it says OldMiniBikes.com. Click on that. If you can find a 9 tooth sprocket it will give you a 6:1 ratio and a 10 tooth sprocket gives you a 5.4:1 ratio. The 6:1 ratio has a little better low end. By flipping I mean you unbolt the bearing hangers and remove the rear end and flip it so the left wheel is on the right side and the right wheel is now on the left side.
    Owosso Trike - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery.
    It looks like someone cut a hole in your motor mount and flipped the differential around to run a centrifugal clutch. You really want a torque converter to get the most out of the trike. I would start by fixing the motor mount and flipping the differential around. While the differential is out clean and regrease the gears and replace any warn bearings. Then the jackshaft goes through the frame. If it is a 54 or 60 tooth sprocket on the rear differential I would run it to a 10 tooth sprocket on the jackshaft and a 30 series driven on the other end of the jackshaft. I run the Harbor Freight engines and recommend just running one if the 212cc Predators. 30 series driver and make sure the driver and driven flat sides are lined up so the belt doesn't wear down. The band brakes are self explanatory. Replace if necessary but you need both.
    Do you have pics of what you are working with? It might help in case something needs to be fabricated.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…