Recent content by creia

1. creia

jackshaft

Personally, I would consider a jackshaft as an upgrade and use it if you already have it. Sometimes it is nice to be able to adjust/play with the final drive gear ratio. If you are riding off-road and/or hills (low speed) you can gear it lower so you do not overheat or burn up the clutch. On the...
  2. creia

Wtb cat mx duster chain guard

What they said^^^^. "Decent price" is VERY subjective and will vary significantly from individual to individual. Question to the OP- What do YOU consider a "decent price"? Michael
  3. creia

Baja Doodle Bug 97cc Mini Bike Upgrades

Then they should READ those (previously posted) answers/threads that they found from coming to this site , and, (heaven forbid) put in some actual EFFORT and perform a "Search"on this site and research for any additional answers/threads pertinent to their question(s). Michael
  4. creia

Exactly what Strigoi said^^^ and was the essence of my previous reply. So many are coming on here w/o doing ANY research/internet searches- THEY ARE LAZY. They expect US to do the internet searches for them, and expect US to provide them with the links for information. These lazy people need to...
  5. creia

Yes, you are correct that a Google search will refer them back to this forum and MANY previous discussion threads on the very topic the OP is asking about. LOTS of good information in those threads, however, many seem to not take the time to actually really read them and get some answers...
  6. creia

Google is your friend. Do a search by entering "Baja Doodlebug upgrades and mods." Make sure you are in a nice comfortable chair as their are LOTS of posts and YouTube videos so you will be reading (and learning!) for quite awhile. Michael
  7. creia

1972 MOTO SKEETER 650

As aaron said ^^^^. The dude only posted that one time- a "one and done" as we call them. Michael
  8. creia

Coleman ct200u crankshaft replacement

In order to use the Plastigauge correctly you will need a proper torque wrench and the correct torque value for that rod for that engine. Michael
  9. creia

Coleman ct200u crankshaft replacement

1. Yes, Plastigauge is important to check clearance. You are looking for .002" to .004" with .003" being ideal. 2. "...snugged up the cap bolts as tight as I thought they should be" does NOT cut it. Use a proper torque wrench and torque them to the proper (published) torque value. Michael
  10. creia

1970's Sears Roper Street Legal

To get your bike to look anything close to Skipp's (If that is your goal) you are going to spend a shitload of $$$$$ and a LOT of time and effort- just saying... Michael
  11. creia

1970's Sears Roper Street Legal

My 2 Ropers did not have "bearings" per se. They had flanged bronze bushings installed in the top and bottom of the fork tube. If memory serves me correctly (less dependable every year!) I think they are 5/8" ID X 3/4" in length. Michael
  12. creia

Monkey Rims & Hubs (a review)

Good initial report. After you get them mounted, let us know if they run true with no (or at least very minimal) side to side or up and down wobble. (Think : Azusa "Tri Stars") Michael
  13. creia

Sears roper

flanged bronze bushings inserted into the fork tube top and bottom. Michael
  14. creia

Sears roper

My son and I have owned 2 of those bikes. They are plenty big enough for an adult and are one of the most comfortable bikes to ride. Their downfall is that they get kind of squirrely handling at speeds over about 25 MPH.
  15. creia

Removing engine water slide decal?

If you purchased the decals from OldMiniBikes member "Minibikepaul" I would suggest contacting him for some advice. Michael