Recent content by Custom Job

1. Custom Job

1961 Caper Cycle Falcon Resto

Nice one!
  2. Custom Job

Thanks! And thanks for replying anyway. Always better to know a couple way to skin a cat!
  3. Custom Job

It’s always hilarious after you check yourself over for gaping holes. Friggin angle grinders. Always agents for chaos.
  4. Custom Job

Thanks, folks! I’ll put another post up eventually but, if anyone is looking for a Caper Cycle decal like the one I have, I made many of them. .. possibly more than the bikes that were originally made to wear them. 8 bucks with shipping if you’re interested PM me! thanks! G
  5. Custom Job

Here’s to another 60 years for her! Thanks, man!
  6. Custom Job

Thanks! One of the most fun restorations I’ve ever done.
  7. Custom Job

Fired her off today. Man, if I’d had any idea what the correct motor for this was capable of in 1986, I’m pretty sure I’d be dead already. Brutal! My fixer upper exhaust didn’t work out paint wise but I’ll put the other back on and see what I can do with it… if nothing then I’ll just wait for...
  8. Custom Job

I’m sure it didn’t! But it was 20 years old when I got it and had been ridden hard and put away wet. It’s just nice to see it fresh for the first time ever…. Well, you know. Save for a few little things I kept true to my father’s work on it.
  9. Custom Job

Well, that’s about as close as it gets before first fire. I’ll have to replace the brake cable in the short term as it’s pretty cobbled together, had to resize the barrel end and make a receiver cup for the handle end of the housing. It’s not every pretty at all but it’ll work for testing...
  10. Custom Job

Not bad for a days work. From: to: The jackshaft was a bit of an issue. The bores were not exactly aligned but there’s not much to be done about that. I can’t imagine it left the shop any differently, you’d bend the frame before you bent those. Kind of overestimated the engine mounting hardware...
  11. Custom Job

She looks a scosche darker in the Pics than she actually is. It’s actually just pre 84 IH red, like chemically and otherwise. I used the same paint on my tractor restoration (it’s a 59 Country Squire that’s the color I remember it being, not necessarily the color it was) though far more...
  12. Custom Job

If I’m stupidly picky about anything, it’s tight measurements and paint. I don’t mean to beat a dead horse on this but, this is a 10 foot paint job on a Cadillac. I could stare at it all day long on a mini bike. This is about where my Grandfather would say “ON THAT PIECE O CRAP?” He wasn’t much...
  13. Custom Job

Thanks man. That means a lot. She’s tentatively promised to a two year old who will likely turn out to be the biggest gear head in my family. It’d be totally worth it to see the bike widen the eyes of another kid as it did for me a billion years ago.
  14. Custom Job

Well, I’d run into some issues with the last coat of paint.. for whatever reason, even after 48 hours or more, there was some wrinkling on the engine plate and the “foot peg” tube … so I took it all out and went at it with some wet/dry hoping I could just lay a polish on it after. Unfortunately...
  15. Custom Job

Well, everything original to the bike is about as good as it can get. I’ve got a few things to deal with on the frame regarding paint but that’s just me being me. Waiting on new stuff like bearings, cables, tubes, jackshaft, chain, cogs, the repro decals. Then there’s a trip to the ole...