Recent content by cwrandolph

1. C

November 1969 h25 rebuild

WOW! Nice equipment, nice work!
  2. C

Need some help - HS50 salvage

markus - I would appreciate any information to put the magnets back in the right place. See the picture of my flywheel below. I might be seeing where they were originally but I'm not confident enough to use these locations. Also, the magnets had no red paint to ID them so I used a compass and...
  3. C

Thank you Markus. Good information. For the correct flywheel I see some on ebay that look correct but the don't show part numbers (I still don't know what p/n I need anyway) Is there a measurement that would tell if it was the correct flywheel? Like the bore size on each side of the taper? Or...
  4. C

They have a 34728 crank for $87?
  5. C

Frank, HS50-67123D SER 1049B. Yes, I want to save the engine. I don't think it has many hours on it - still has hone markings in the cylinder.
  6. C

Thanks Skipp. My engine does have the ball bearing in the cover. Is 33676 for a points engine? I've seen that crank on ebay but I don't think it's really a 34728. It's got threads or grooves on the output shaft.
  7. C

I'm trying to decide whether or not to restore a HS50 that I picked up. It needs a crankshaft (broken at the flywheel nut threads) and a flywheel. I posted earlier about the flywheel magnets being off and I can't tell where to glue them back on. I tried light blasting with baking soda but no...
  8. C

Tecumseh HS50 rebuild

Looks great! Good job!
  9. C

HS50 Flywheel - any hope?

I just picked up a HS50 that is in poor shape. It was left outside for years and it's pretty rusted. Both magnet had come unglued and I can't even tell where they were. I know that their position is important from a balance standpoint and also that the the magnets are North & South and need to...
  10. C

H30 breather

Thank you markus!
  11. C

H30 breather

I am rebuilding a '69 H30 and I need some help with the breather. I bought a new element P/N 31410 but I'm not sure if it's right for this breather. Seems like it would be a very tight squeeze to push it into the slot. There was no element in the breather when I took it apart. Maybe this one...
  12. C

H30 cam specs - where to find?

Hoping that somebody can tell me where to find cam specs. I'm rebuilding a H-30 from my 1969 CCS Charger and I want to make sure the cam is OK before I reassemble it. Looking for the lift over the base diameter for both the intake and exhaust lobes. Any help is appreciated.