Recent content by Dave.

1. D

Finally got a welder--and more

Decent beads with new 1/8" 6013 Getting better at running the beads. One problem was the old rods. I baked them for several hours in a toaster oven. Didn't make much difference. I bought some 1/8" 6011 and 1/8" 6013 at HD. That was a little better. I can run a decent bead with 1/8" 6013...
  2. D

Plasma cutter I have to stop looking at craigslist. I was looking for an abrasive chop saw, stopped in at an auto body shop closing done nearby, and came home with this for $300. The grinder will have serve as the cutoff saw a while longer; this is only a 110V unit.
  3. D

Love his videos. Wish he had more on arc welding. And I do have an old toaster oven in the garage. I'll see if its big enough. I thought that "old rod" thing was only for low-hydrogen, but its worth a try. A lot of the 6010/13 rods have some sort of white powder coating on them, that I'm...
  4. D

No such luck. Union Carbide Purox. Torch bodies are Smiths.
  5. D

Thank you. Any idea how to test a regulator? No tanks or hoses. I do have an air compressor.
  6. D

Thanks, most of the stuff is very old and had not been used in a long time. No idea if the regulators are any good. A couple gauges are clearly bad, too. A number of the torch tips are clogged, etc. Lots of cleanup to do with the half dozen or more tip cleaners. Nice homemade aluminum trays...
  7. D

Drat, the one I wanted (Stickmate ac/dc) just appeared on CL. Infinitely variable control and more DC power. Oh well, I still got a much better price. And I have to say, the Lincoln looks like it was -made- for that hand cart ;) Beads on a plate...yeah, I'm trying. Really, really, bad at...
  8. D

Here's the welder with the bad wheels removed and the HF cart added.
  9. D

Picked this stuff up last week for $240. Most is for gas welding/cutting. I just wanted the welder, but for a few bucks more, got the whole mess. I added a hand cart from HF. Never welded before. Did some reading, tacked up some practice plates using 1/4 bar stock from HD, and started...
  10. D

Fox roller?

Gone. Always post a frame on OldMiniBikes if you get tired of looking at it on CL. :wink:
  11. D

Fox roller?

Well, it's not my picture; it's on CL, but I think I will leave it, since it's not a short drive. And yes, the wheel is mounted inside the hoop. I think. :shrug: MINI-BIKE-SMALL CYCLE I just thought the whole rear wheel mounting and pulley was kind of unusual. If it was a real Fox model...
  12. D

Fox roller?

I figured maybe I could key on the tiny rear fender for the ID. Can't find any Foxes with that, though. :confused: The fenders maybe not original?
  13. D

Fox roller?

Folks, is this a Fox? If so, what kind? Dynamark was mentioned :shrug:
  14. D

Sensation frame right-side heavy w/Predator

And now I'm looking for a buzzbox... Already found a beauty here locally, but no way I could move it, store it, or power it (only have 220V/30A).
  15. D

Sensation frame right-side heavy w/Predator

What, the problem at hand or my lack of fabricating skills? :laugh: