Recent content by den35

1. den35

Mini Bike welded from scratch: ELEANOR

I have to comment here. True,you can reweld metal.But you have to be careful about it. The mechanics where I work thought the same when they removed and welded a new bracket on the side of a pressurized tanker trailer.The next time that trailer was used the weld failed,causing the tank to...
  2. den35

Clutch engages while idling

Just my opinnion,but WD40 was designed to free stuck parts,not for longer term lubrication.It may even break down any oil that's in the clutch bushing,causing bushing failure and posibly binding the clutch on the shaft. My call would be to remove the clutch and inspect and/or replace the...
  3. den35

my snapped db30 is fixed

Never mind.I found your original post.:doah:
  4. den35

my snapped db30 is fixed

How'd you snap it like that?
  5. den35

I NEED HELP (Sorry for the newb question)

Here's some pics of my setup.
  6. den35

I NEED HELP (Sorry for the newb question)

I'll give it a try. The metal tabs weld onto your frame.The bearings fit in the tab holes with the snap ring looking things on the inside of the frame.Slide the shaft thru the first bearing.Now you have some choice as to how you lay out your gears.In any case,one gear will butt up against a...
  7. den35

I got my engines fromToolTown($120)up here.If you're in the US,look at Harbour Freight or...

I got my engines fromToolTown($120)up here.If you're in the US,look at Harbour Freight or similar tool stores.Look for honda clones.They look and run just like real Honda engines,but are much cheap. Lawnmower engines are vertical shaft and very difficult to mod for minibike use. Most...
  8. den35

mbotm

:thumbsup:That's a good idea.
  9. den35

Which Clutch

Strigoi,what kind of clutch is that?I've never seen that style before.Looks pretty solid.
  10. den35

Worst Wrecks.

I haven't dumped a bike(yet).But my wife had a good one not long ago.And not even on the trails. We had just come back from a nice trail ride and were putting the bikes away in the shop.She eased my modded Arctic cat(w/5.5hp clone)up to the door,put the front wheel on the door sill,and gave...
  11. den35

am i too heavy???

Naw.You aren't too heavy.The manufacturers make that claim to protect themselves for morons who blame them for poor manufacturing after those morons have severly abused the bikes. As previously stated,the stock engine is way too small for anyone more than 100lbs.Many DB owners on here have...
  12. den35

1971 Manco Chopper Mini Bike

:thumbsup:Nice little bike.Good job.
  13. den35

1940's homemade scooter (thats right 60yrs!)

Just my 2 cents,but I say,what does it matter?Wether it's a scooter or a minibike,factory built or homemade,it's still gonna be fun to build up and ride.:scooter: And ain't that what it's all about?:thumbsup:
  14. den35

Another Breaker

(Re.Broken crank) I've seen that before.Back in the 90's I was working at a marina.Customer brought in an old Evinrude 25hp outboard that ran,but kept popping the top crank seal out.Turned out the crank was snapped in half between the throws,in a pattern that allowed it to keep...
  15. den35

torn seat cover

:lol:I remember that!