Recent content by Doc1976

1. Doc1976

What carb can I use on this?

On those slide choke carbs, ive had issues with them sucking air it the slide gets worn and loose. I use stock tank mounted carbs a lot and they do very well, as long as they are in good condition. Electrolysis works great for cleaning the tanks out, that's how I do it every time. Using a...
  2. Doc1976

Ct70 died while riding and won’t start

Ct70 is a chain driven cam right? Maybe with the pop of the clutch, the chain jumped a tooth on the cam and now your valve timing is off. Would explain the low compression and idling issues
  3. Doc1976

Help engine crank case part fell out.

Before you do anything else, you may want to consider watching some videos or reading on the basics of the internal combustion engine. With some elementary understanding of what you are working on, these problems can be avoided.
  4. Doc1976

How to slow/stop rust under fenders

What condition is the chrome on the top side? If it's worthy of using as it is, I would media blast and undercoat or use a bedliner product.
  5. Doc1976

weird wheel lug pattern?

Anyone ever seen wheels with a 4 on 3-1/8" pattern? I am unable to find anything anywhere.
  6. Doc1976

Red talon wheels

Trying ro get a red talon back on the road. I have been unable to locate a replacement wheel for it. It's a 5" wheel with a 4 on 3-1/8" lug pattern. Any ideas?
  7. Doc1976

Briggs 3.5hp Power Washer to Mini Bike Throttle Set-Up?

I've done dozens of 3.5hp briggs motors and not one with that particular linkage setup. Looks like you're on your way though. Good luck.
  8. Doc1976

So I just don't have a pic of one of mine that really shows it very well. But you need to buy find or fab a cable stop that attach to the throttle lever on that motor. You may need to drill a new hole or oversize and existing hole to mount it. Just look it over and find a location that won't...
  9. Doc1976

Yes, this is part of what I do. Drill out the rivet and use a bolt with washers, and a lockout. This way you can tighten it down enough to get smooth movement. Of course on his it would be the lower lever and rivet.......... Still looking for a better pic to offer you
  10. Doc1976

Yeah, in that pic the linkage is not hooked up yet. It is not the best pic but only one i could find. I'll look again after work and see if I can find a better one. The best thing about doing it this way is that it allows for all the governor linkage to be left intact.
  11. Doc1976

your linkage setup is different than I'm used to, but here is a shot of how I've done them. I know it's a little different but maybe will give you some ideas? Your choke and throttle are opposite of this one. I made the little swivel for the throttle cable to attach to that you can see on the...
  12. Doc1976

Motorcycle Lift

I use a lift similar to the harbor freight one, but mine is air over hydraulic. Works absolutely great. I also have lumbar disc issues and I just use a hydraulic shop stool to keep me at the right height. On the table, I also use a manual motorcycle jack for removing wheels...
  13. Doc1976

Please help with model#

Oh yeah, just what I thought. Thanks again
  14. Doc1976

Please help with model#

Thanks
  15. Doc1976

Please help with model#

Awesome, thank you very much. I will check it out on Facebook. If I may ask one more question, what throttle cable is used for those carbs? Is it like a dirt bike with the little cylindrical end on the the carb end?