Recent content by Dwright

1. Dwright

What is it?

I bought a Cat 250X some years back had the original tecumseh HS4 but locked up. I put a 212 Predator on it for a "short' TIME and was going along about 20 MPh and dial in a little throttle and up and over it went. Happened so fast . no time to react. those bikes are TOOOO small for a 212. too...
  2. Dwright

1971 Cat 250 X . This is a survivor .

1971 Cat 250 X . This is a survivor .I found about 8 or 9 years ago and bought it and the motor was locked up . I put it up for years and a month ago I rebuilt the motor and fixed it up a little. Still looking for a few parts. Seat by Rugblaster Thanks
  3. Dwright

1971 Cat 250 X . This is a survivor .I found about 8 or 9 years ago and bought it and the motor...

1971 Cat 250 X . This is a survivor .I found about 8 or 9 years ago and bought it and the motor was locked up . I put it up for years and a month ago I rebuilt the motor and fixed it up a little. Still looking for a few parts.
  4. Dwright

cat 250 x. clutch guard mounting

Does anyone have photos of the clutch guard mounting arrangement of a cat 250 x. I am going to fab one as close to Original as possible .ie which motor holes are used. Thanks
  5. Dwright

cat 250x Kickstand

I have a 1971 Cat250x . I need a kickstand ,but cant find one. Does anyone have one that can give me dimensions so I can fab one. rod diameter. angle of the bends.length?.... diagram of the base and hollow tube welded to it? Thanks Doug
  6. Dwright

year made

I have a 1971 Cat250x . I need a kickstand ,but cant find one. Does anyone have one that can give me dimensions so I can fab one. rod diameter. angle of the bends.length?.... diagram of the base and hollow tube welded to it? Thanks Doug