Recent content by EBW

1. E

MTD Trail Bike

Quick update. Huge thank you to @desert rat for setting up my seats. Mel did a great job and I couldn't be happier ! Not much has been done on the last parts of this project due to my changing work schedule. Hope to have it wrapped up in a week or 2. Then Ill be starting the 2nd mini bike...
  2. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thanks Massacre, that makes sense. I may ditch the longer exhaust pipe. I just thought it looked cool. :cool::cool:
  3. E

MTD Trail Bike

Was looking at different rubber mounted brackets to fabricate off the fender brace for support.
  4. E

MTD Trail Bike

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to re-engineer something Briggs and Stratton already figured out. If the bike will run as it sits then that works for me. And Yes, already purchased the repop stickers awaiting to be added once we are sure everything works.
  5. E

MTD Trail Bike

Quick update. Work and Life seem to always get in the way of fun. While waiting on parts to arrive, we were able to get some small items done. Not much to show in the way of photos. I Got the brake setup and throttle grip. It looks like I will need a longer throttle cable. Lots of little...
  6. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thanks Minibikin' As far as linkage, just basic that I can see. the long piece for the governor is missing. I ordered 2 additional carbs just in case this one has issues.
  7. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thank you Robert
  8. E

MTD Trail Bike

Took the flywheel off and realized this motor doesn't have points/cond. I was wondering what the yellow plastic part on the coil was. While cleaning the flywheel I noticed I have 2 broken fins on the magnetic portion. Not sure if it will make a difference? Anyone have any input? I cleaned and...
  9. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thanks for the kind words Mark. Hmmm you say karts also ?? I guess I should get this one going after. Ive had it for a bit and never did anything with it.
  10. E

MTD Trail Bike

Good to know. Thanks for the info !! Might need to come up with a temporary solution.
  11. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thanks ! And this rabbit hole is looking pretty good !!
  12. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thank you all that have been following this project. I am always thinking ahead when it comes to a project and currently trying to figure out what to do about a seat. The one on this is too far gone and I honestly don't think it was original. Are there any DYI seat patterns folks are using to...
  13. E

MTD Trail Bike

Thank you Mark. We are definitely closer. Just waiting on parts to arrive. Working on the small things with the motor in the downtime.
  14. E

MTD Trail Bike

You read my mind. Todays job is pulling off the Flywheel and checking points. While I am at it I will clean up and oil the start clutch. I have on order new Coil, Points/Cond, pull cord, pull cord recoil pulley ( plastic) , muffler, carb rebuild kit as well as 2 new carbs ( in case this all...
  15. E

Need help ID'ing this B&S.

Thank you