Recent content by ELT

1. E

Tecumseh minibike manufacturer's engine list ?

I had a 71 Scrambler parts bike with the H35 engine on it that also had the diagram carburetor. The bike also had the 70 fuel tank with a short filler neck. I assumed it to be an early 71 bike that was assembled using up older parts on the assembly line floor.
  2. E

Gasoline question

The fuel lines I used in 1980 on my snowmobiles before ethanol was around got just as hard from one year to the next just like happens today.
  3. E

Gasoline question

I can tell that fuel lines I used on my snowmobiles in 1980 long before ethanol was ever around got just What my point was is that all additives are not created equal. There are lots of people and companies out there that are more than happy to sell you a product to cure a problem you may or...
  4. E

Gasoline question

I live in the northeast and I use 87 octane ethanol gas in everything unless I've built the engine for high compression. Higher octane gas is harder to ignite without added compression. All modern fuel is formulated to be atomized with a fuel injector not a venturi. It's less volatile than gas...
  5. E

MINI BIKE MEMBER KILLED ON MONDAY 04/17/23

I'm pleased to say Western NY Mini Bike club raised $1700 last weekend to help lay George to rest.
  6. E

Rupp Roadster front wheel bearings?

Looks like a MTD wheel to me.
  7. E

Vintage Briggs oil bath air cleaner question.

Do a search on Ebay. Tha choke is not part of the elbo.
  8. E

The elbo that goes on the updraft float carburetor is pn 21737. The strap that holds it is 22279.
  9. E

The elbo is a Briggs part. Do you have an operators manual for the engine? The operators manual has a good parts list. Once you have a part number a Google search may turn on up. I've had good luck finding old Briggs parts.
  10. E

Mikuni 22mm carburetor gasket got sucked into combustion chamber

Lap the valves you have and seats then see where that takes you.
  11. E

You can limit the possibility of sucking another gasket into the engine by gluing it to the intake manifold with weather strip adhesive.
  12. E

I wouldn't expect a lot of damage unless is somehow sucked missing bolt in. Gaskets are soft.
  13. E

What type of Rupp is this?

1970 roadster
  14. E

Engine temperature

My temperature sensor is a ring under the spark plug. I didn't think it was excessively hot but was curious to know what normal was.
  15. E

Engine temperature

I'm running a 196 clone engine egine with stage 2 mods. My head temperature is running from 250 to 290 depending on how hard a pull I'm on. How hot is to hot?