Recent content by eodrob96

1. eodrob96

Alsport Trisport MTS 30

Not ready to sell now but will in a year or so. Your post is pretty old but if you are looking for an MTS-30 I've got one in excellent condition but I removed the old 3hp Tecumseh engine and put a Powerhorse 208cc engine on it. If I knew how to insert a pic I would. You can email me by my...
  2. eodrob96

events in nc

Boy I wish somebody would chime in. I'd like to attend some events or link up with others in NC. I'm just north of Fayetteville. I don't have any mini bikes but I've got two trikes. Nethercutt you are about 90 miles from me.
  3. eodrob96

Burning out drive side jackshaft bearing on Trisport RTS-5. Help?

That would be great. I don't know of any other trike owners in my area. I need to try to link up with some others in NC if there are any.
  4. eodrob96

The machine shop took a little longer than expected but all the parts are back and I assembled the shafts and diff halves last night. They fit nice and snug now with no end play. The shafts now fit the bore of the diff properly without any slop. The band brake drums were turned so there is a...
  5. eodrob96

Fenders! Rubbermaid style

That's an awesome idea. It may not be the prettiest like you said but its certainly functional. If you wanted to stiffen it up you could bend some flat stock up to fit. I may just have to steal your idea for my Trisport for when I'm yanking the kids around in the trailer. :thumbsup:
  6. eodrob96

The diff is at the machine shop now and should be done by tomorrow. The bronze bushings are being pressed in and the bosses are being taken back 5/16 on each side to accommodate the lock collars. If I'm lucky I may have it back together this weekend.
  7. eodrob96

Noob with a Powerhorse 414 and wanting to improve performance. Where to start?

This was in the governor warning thread but I haven't heard anything in a number of days. I just posted it and realized it may be a bit confusing in the beginning referencing that thread. Disregard the confusion. Thanks everyone in advance.
  8. eodrob96

Noob with a Powerhorse 414 and wanting to improve performance. Where to start?

Good morning my name is Rob and I'm fairly new to the forum. I'm really glad I stumbled onto this thread because I had no idea of the dangers of removing the governors. I didn't know that flywheels could disintegrate or rods could shatter. I was waiting for my warrantees to run out before I...
  9. eodrob96

They are on the outside but if I space them out I won't have room for the brake drums between the flanges and the universal joint. I got the clams in the mail today and should have the bronze bushings tomorrow. Then it's off to the machine shop.
  10. eodrob96

I just ordered the bronze bearings sleeves to repair the rear diff. I have 1/2 inch of free space in which to put the two lock collars. The lock collars are 1/2 inch each. I'm short half an inch. I just realized that I can't simply turn down the two halves of the diff on each side because of...
  11. eodrob96

Removing governor on your engine and OldMiniBikes !!! Please read !!!

Good morning my name is Rob and I'm fairly new to the forum. I'm really glad I stumbled onto this thread because I had no idea of the dangers of removing the governors. I didn't know that flywheels could disintegrate or rods could shatter. I was waiting for my warrantees to run out before I...
  12. eodrob96

Absolutely Gumpit. I've never had to do it and don't want to. Luckily I was able to pull the trailer right up to where I blew it out the other day. I asked my daughter to go with me on her trike just in case something happened. Well it did of course and I took her trike back to the house to get...
  13. eodrob96

I've got the parts degreasing right now. I figured they would appreciate them being clean. I'm in SC right now but will be back in NC tomorrow. I can't wait to get this job done.
  14. eodrob96

Not tracking on which other two bearings you are talking about Gumpit. Are you talking about the axle carrier housing bearings?
  15. eodrob96

I wish I had a lathe. In Iraq I hung out with the KBR metal workers and they taught me how to use the mill and lathe. I'd just do it myself.